Why become an actuary
Why become an actuary?
The job of the actuary
You can only insure yourself against coincidental events - but they are not quite as unpredictable as you think. Insurance companies calculate how likely it is that a specific event or damage will occur. That is why math and statistics are among the most important foundations of insurance. The theory of probability and the statistical processing of a large number of insurance cases make it possible to recognize laws and to calculate randomness.These calculations are the job of the actuaries.
In the event of major disasters such as a flood, a plane crash, an earthquake or a violent storm, the damage can become too great for a single insurance company. That is why there is reinsurance. Insurance companies can use them to limit their own risk.
Reinsurance companies also provide advice to insurance companies because, thanks to their global activities and experience with major loss events, they have information on major risks, the frequency of disasters, etc.Here, too, it is the reinsurance actuaries who advise and support insurance companies.
Since insurance and financial risk management as well as enterprise risk management are occupations of the future, the demand for well-trained actuaries will increase. You therefore have all the options and can work in a team of actuaries or become the head of a national or continental market or department. Many actuaries work in the management and in the management of the large insurance companies, as they are dependent on the judgment of the actuaries and have great confidence in their decisions.
- Most Britons like David Beckham
- What kind of illness is that
- What is sticky screaming for you
- What are some chicken broth granules substitutes
- Why are elephants so intelligent
- How do you beat Myst
- Is there a permanent cure for trigennial neuralgia
- What is Friedrich Neitzsche's most influential book
- How do you work or work in sports betting
- What do 81 mg of aspirin
- Cats like massages more than people
- How do you look when you fart
- What are the most popular web browsers
- Can I read business magazines online?
- Which direction should my career be steered in?
- What are Cornell's graduation requirements
- Startup companies need office space
- What is a debt collection
- Can we do Acca shortly after the 12th
- Are the Spanish residents nice and happy?
- What fun activities happen when traveling
- What is the inspiration for a finance degree
- Heath Ledger's Joker was a psychopath
- Have you ever met a judgmental pharmacist?