Alcohol dissolves brain tissue
This is how alcohol works on the body
Relaxed, energetic and sexy - this is how women feel after drinking a high-proof long drink. This is what a British team of researchers found out. The scientists investigated which emotions alcoholic beverages trigger. They asked 30,000 people from 21 countries about their favorite drinks and how they felt afterwards.
According to the test subjects, white wine and beer primarily have a relaxing effect. High percentage changes the mood the most. Spirits made 30 percent of those surveyed aggressive, while red wine only made seven percent. Especially in men, the consumption of hard alcohol such as schnapps resulted in aggressive behavior.
This is how alcohol works
Alcohol is a strong cell poison. It quickly reaches the brain via the bloodstream. There the alcohol changes the transmission of information between the cells. This has different effects - physically and mentally. As described in the UK study, many people experience that their mood changes as soon as they drink. Not only the type of drink is decisive, but above all the amount.
Small amounts of alcohol usually have a relaxing and mood-enhancing effect, and feelings of fear are reduced. However, as the alcohol level increases, this positive mood quickly turns into irritation and aggression. Since the effects of alcohol gradually increase, those affected usually do not even notice this percentage.
- From 0.5 per mille: Concentration, alertness and ability to react decrease, and the willingness to take risks increases
- From 0.8 per mille: Drunkenness is more evident, perception impaired, reaction time greatly slowed, difficulties in coordinating movements
- From 1 per mille: Intoxication begins, difficulty speaking, loss of orientation, confusion, overconfidence
- From 2 per mille: Significant balance and concentration problems, memory disorders, slack muscles, hardly any ability to react
- From 3 per mille: Muscles continue to slacken, clouding of consciousness, memory loss, weak breathing
- From 4 per mille: Risk of coma and failure of vital organ functions
The alcohol tolerance varies from person to person. Most of them show signs of severe alcohol intoxication from a blood alcohol concentration of three per thousand. Above a value of five per mille, drinking excesses often end fatally.
Information on the responsible use of alcohol is available, for example, from the "Know your limit" campaign run by the Federal Center for Health Education.
- Is this puppy a German Shepherd Dog
- There is a reading library near Whitefield
- Women find Mark Zuckerberg sexy
- Are there unsafe areas in Gwalior India
- What are some examples of salt pills
- Why are online multiplayer games so toxic
- Why is semantics important in communication
- What is an example of global symmetry
- How is science connected to society?
- Have you ever messed with Texas?
- What is the best screencast software for Windows
- How much do influencers charge for videos
- How did colonization help the Spaniards
- What celebrities are flat earth dwellers
- General intelligence can be increased
- What do I do to get help
- Are sports shoes good for snow?
- Pelpum tops are out of style
- What is life like for an NFL punter
- How can I be grateful
- What are the best Lynyrd Skynyrd songs
- What is the Khechari mantra
- What are important KPIs for digital marketing
- What does ScreenFlow
- What is life for you 5
- When was shock discovered?
- What's the catchiest Disney song
- What is the marine life in Maryland
- How do I learn to do makeup
- Who is the megastar of the film industry in Mumbai
- Ubuntu 14 10 is good why
- How can I go bald