What is a TDE file in Tableau
Tableau file types and folders
You can save your work in various Tableau-specific file types: workbooks, bookmarks, data file packages, data extracts, and data connection files. The individual file types are described below. For more information, see Saving Your Work.
Workbooks (.twb) - Tableau workbook files have a .twb file extension. Workbooks contain one or more worksheets and can also contain dashboards and stories.
Bookmarks (.tbm) - Tableau bookmarks files have a .tbm file extension. Bookmarks contain a single worksheet and are an easy way to quickly save your work. For more information, see the Saving a Bookmark (Link opens in a new window) section.
Workbook Packages (.twbx) - Tableau workbook packages have a .twbx file extension. A workbook package is a single zip file that contains a workbook and all of the supporting local file data and background images. This format is best for packaging the work for delivery to other users who do not have access to the original data. For more information, see Workbook Packages.
Extract (.hyper or .tde): Depending on the version in which the extract was created, Tableau extract files can have the filename extension .hyper or .tde. Extract files are a local copy of a subset or the entire data set. You can share these with others, use them offline, and use them to improve performance. For more information, see Extracting Data.
Data Source (.tds) - Tableau data source files have a .tds file extension. Data source files are shortcuts that you can use to quickly connect to original data that you use frequently. Data source files do not contain the actual data; they just contain the information necessary to connect to the actual data and any changes you have made to the actual data, such as changes to the actual data. B. Changing the default properties, creating calculated fields, adding groups, etc. For more information, see Saving Data Sources.
Data Source Packages (.tdsx) - Tableau data source package files have a .tdsx file extension. A data source package is a ZIP file that contains the data source file (.tds) described above and any local file information such as. B. contains extract files (.hyper or .tde), text files, Excel files, Access files and local cube files. Use this format to create a single file. You can then give this file to others who may not have access to the original data stored on your computer. For more information, see Saving Data Sources.
These files can be stored in the associated folders under the My Tableau Repository directory, which is automatically created in the My Documents folder when you install Tableau. You can also save your work files in other locations, such as: B. on the desktop or in a network directory.
Change the repository location
You can specify a new location for the Tableau repository if you don't want to use the default location in the Documents folder. If you have the data z. For example, if you need to keep it on a network server instead of your local computer, you can specify the path to the remote repository for Tableau.
Choose File> Repository Location.
In the Select Repository Folder dialog box, select a new folder to use as the new location for the new repository.
Restart Tableau for the new repository to take effect.
Changing the repository location does not move files in the original repository. Instead, Tableau creates a new repository to store the files in.
- How did the ballpoint pen start?
- What is Google AI on YouTube
- British pop singer Cliff Richard is gay
- What's wrong with TVS Scooty
- In terms of voice, what timbre is
- Is eBay as safe as Amazon
- Kojic acid is safe for skin lightening
- Are humans the worst enemy of humans
- Which car dealership deals in damaged cars?
- Is chloric acid HCl
- Contains the Apache protocol REFERER
- Who are the Delaware Indians of Idaho
- What are the best IITian resume
- How is over insured
- What is a ground connection
- Who worship non-religious people
- What are ultrafast lasers
- What technology will replace cars
- Why is marine varnish waterproof
- Alkalosis increases the respiratory rate
- How was Jane Addam's childhood
- What is the philosophy of Suprematism
- Which is better Acura or Honda
- Which is the best HP desktop
- What gives the Celtic music its own sound
- How do the New England Patriots train
- Triacylglyceride are lipids
- According to Bhagwat Geeta, there are spirits
- When and where were fajitas invented
- Which check cashing companies accept starter checks?
- How can I choose color contact lenses
- What is the full form of ZLI
- What is vtyuhivat in Russian?
- Why is the American dream attractive