Is VIT Vellore better than many NITs
The blood pressure rises, the heart muscle spasms, the heart beats harder and the breath becomes shallow. In the long term, anxiety and panic attacks can now also develop.
Increase your magnesium intake in certain life situations
Anyone who is ill, who is expecting a baby or who is breastfeeding, who is in a particularly stressful situation, who is still growing or who is in a recovery phase, needs a lot of magnesium and should adjust their diet accordingly or consider high-quality food supplements.
How can you recognize a magnesium deficiency?
Since magnesium is involved in countless body functions and metabolic processes, a deficiency can also trigger countless symptoms. These symptoms are rarely associated with chronic magnesium deficiency. The best-known symptoms of magnesium deficiency are of course muscle cramps (calf cramps), headaches or the sudden twitching of the eyelids.
However, if there is a magnesium deficiency, migraines, depression, anxiety, hyperactivity, insomnia and osteoporosis can be favored or intensified.
Many people with type 2 diabetes also suffer from magnesium deficiency. If they ensure a better supply of magnesium, the insulin resistance often decreases. High blood pressure, tooth decay, infertility, impotence, arteriosclerosis, obesity and cardiac arrhythmias can also be signs of a magnesium deficiency.
How can you diagnose a magnesium deficiency?
Since all of the symptoms mentioned can of course also have other causes, you should play it safe and have a magnesium deficiency confirmed with a simple blood test. To do this, the magnesium content in whole blood should be examined, not - as is usually the case - in serum. For more information, see our article on diagnosing mineral deficiencies.
How can you remedy a magnesium deficiency?
Magnesium deficiency can be remedied in two ways, which can also be easily combined with one another:
- You can remedy your magnesium deficiency with a specific diet rich in magnesium
- You can remedy your magnesium deficiency with a magnesium preparation that is suitable for you and individually selected
1. Eliminate magnesium deficiency with a diet rich in magnesium
With our current, actually excellent supply situation with food from all regions of the world, covering the magnesium requirement through diet alone would theoretically not be a problem at all and we could stock up on foods particularly rich in magnesium, such as B. amaranth, quinoa, seaweed, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, leafy vegetables and almonds.
However, many people eat them far too seldom. Either because they are too exotic for them or because they are too high in calories. The latter would not be a problem if the corresponding products were properly incorporated into the daily menu.
After all, you do not eat these in addition, but simply replace inferior and usually also very low-magnesium products such as. B. finished products, industrially manufactured sweets, baked goods made from white flour, etc.
Here are a few examples: Eat a spread made from sunflower seeds instead of cheese or sausage, use home-made almond milk instead of cow's milk more often, snack on energy balls made from nuts, almonds and dried fruit instead of conventional sweets or snack on bread made from seedlings instead of crispbread, etc.
You can find out how you can specifically remedy your magnesium deficiency with the right diet here: Remedying magnesium deficiency with the right diet
A magnesium overdose is not possible with a diet rich in magnesium.
2. Eliminate magnesium deficiency with dietary supplements
Magnesium requirements should not be met with dietary supplements alone. After all, the above-mentioned diet not only provides magnesium, but also many other vital substances, all of which are necessary for a healthy life and for the prevention and healing of existing ailments.
In addition, however, a dietary supplement can help very well to achieve the required amount of magnesium. We have explained here how you can find the right magnesium supplement for you: The best magnesium supplements.
* This article contains advertising. Our website contains affiliate links (* mark), i.e. references to partner companies, for example to the Amazon website. If a reader clicks on an affiliate link and subsequently on a product from our partner company, we may receive a small commission. This means that we cover part of the costs we have for the operation and maintenance of our website and can continue to keep the website free of charge for our readers.
Your donation helps us
If you enjoyed this article, we would appreciate a small contribution to our work! Donate now with Paypal.
Distance training to become a holistic nutritionist
Are you interested in what's in our food and want to know how nutrients and vital substances affect the body? Do you want a healthy life for yourself, your family and fellow human beings? Nutritionists are popular - but the holistic aspect that is needed for sustainable health is often forgotten when giving advice. At the Academy of Naturopathy, you will get to know the connections between lifestyle and diet as well as physical and psychological well-being.
That educates interested people like you in around 16 months to become a holistic nutritionist out.
Is this article worth reading?
Share this article
- Potter JD et al, Magnesium and the regulation of muscle contraction. Federation Proceedings, 1981 Oct; 40 (12): 2653-6
- Laurant P et al, Effect of magnesium deficiency on blood pressure and mechanical properties of rat carotid artery., Hypertension, 1999 May; 33 (5): 1105-10.
- Sekiya F et al, Magnesium (II) Is a Crucial Constituent of the Blood Coagulation Cascade, POTENTIATION OF COAGULANT ACTIVITIES OF FACTOR IX BY MgGraphic IONS, Journal of Biological Chemistry, 1996 Apr 12; 271 (15): 8541-4
- Maier JAM et al, Low magnesium promotes endothelial cell dysfunction: implications for atherosclerosis, inflammation and thrombosis, Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Molecular Basis of Disease, Volume 1689, Issue 1, 24 May 2004, Pages 13-21
- Barbagallo M and Dominguez LJ, Magnesium and type 2 diabetes., World Journal of Diabetes, 2015 Aug 25; 6 (10): 1152-7
- Zieve FJ et al, Effects of magnesium deficiency on protein and nucleic acid synthesis in vivo., The Journal of Nutrition, 1977 Dec; 107 (12): 2178-88.
- Johansson G et al., Effects of magnesium hydroxide in renal stone disease, Journal of the American College of Nutrition, 1982; 1 (2): 179-85
- United States Department of Agriculture, Lack Energy? Maybe Its Your Magnesium Level, Agricultural Research Magazine, May 2004; 52 (5): 8-9
- Nielsen FH, Chapter 31 - Relation between Magnesium Deficiency and Sleep Disorders and Associated Pathological Changes, Modulation of Sleep by Obesity, Diabetes, Age, and Diet, Academic Press, 2015, Pages 291-296
- Minerals Wheat Flour Type 405, nährwertrechner.de
- Minerals Wheat Whole Wheat Flour, nährwertrechner.de
- Minerals corn starch, nährwertrechner.de
- Minerals corn, nährwertrechner.de
- Whang R and Ryder KW, Frequency of hypomagnesemia and hypermagnesemia. Requested vs routine., JAMA, 1990 Jun 13; 263 (22): 3063-4.
- King DE et al, Dietary magnesium and C-reactive protein levels., Journal of the American College of Nutrition, 2005 Jun; 24 (3): 166-71
- Kimura M and Itokawa Y, Cooking losses of minerals in foods and its nutritional significance., Journal of Nutritional Science and Vitaminology, 1990; 36 Suppl 1: S25-32
- Eisinger J and Dagorn J, Vitamin B6 and magnesium., Magnesium, 1986; 5 (1): 27-32.
- Stoffaneller R and Morse NL, A Review of Dietary Selenium Intake and Selenium Status in Europe and the Middle East, Nutrients, 2015 Mar; 7 (3): 14941537
- Schwalfenberg GK, The Alkaline Diet: Is There Evidence That an Alkaline pH Diet Benefits Health ?, Journal of Environmental and Public Health, 2012; 2012: 727630.
- Machoy-Mokrzynska A, Fluoride-Magnesium Interaction, Fluoride (J. of the International Society for Fluoride Research), Vol. 28 No. 4; November, 1995, pp 175-177
- Minerals cow's milk, nährwertrechner.de
- Classen HG et al, Drug-induced magnesium deficiency, Medical Monthly for Pharmacists, 2012 Aug; 35 (8): 274-80
- Tarasov EA et al, Magnesium deficiency and stress: Issues of their relationship, diagnostic tests, and approaches to therapy, Terapevticheskii Arkhiv, 2015; 87 (9): 114-122
- Seelig M, The Role of Magnesium in Normal and Abnormal Pregnancy, Magnesium Deficiency in the Pathogenesis of Disease, 1980
- Dai Q et al, Modifying effect of calcium / magnesium intake ratio and mortality: a population-based cohort study, Epidemiology, 2013; 3: e002111
- Classen HG, magnesium and calcium: players and opponents
- Crichton-Stuart C, How can I tell if I have low magnesium ?, Medical News Today, June 19, 2018
Notice on health issues
This information is passed to the best of my knowledge and belief. They are intended exclusively for those interested and for further training and are in no way to be understood as diagnostic or therapeutic instructions. We do not assume any liability for damages of any kind that arise directly or indirectly from the use of the information. If you suspect illness, please consult your doctor or alternative practitioner
Subscribe to Newsletter
Exciting information about health and nutrition
1x per month
Login Successful. You will shortly receive a confirmation at the specified email address.
With your registration you allow the regular sending of the newsletter and accept the data protection regulations.
HEALTH CENTER © 2021 Neosmart Consulting AG. All rights reserved.
- What are different storage classes
- What happens during an ayahuasca ritual
- Why are selfies not in-thing?
- How can I avoid unnecessary luxuries?
- Which is the best lightweight stroller
- Can you describe how price manipulation works?
- What are the disadvantages of a carburetor
- Is jackfruit seed good for health
- What happens during an ayahuasca ritual
- What is the hottest temperature in Indonesia
- What is the significance of a degree
- What is your concern about India
- What are the symptoms of a mental illness
- How does tin foil keep bananas fresh?
- Why is there Antifa
- Why don't racing bikes have brakes?
- What are the areas in forensics
- Do pass colors have a meaning
- Why do people hunt whales
- What is breaking spontaneous symmetry 1
- Why is the Boise State field blue
- What are paithani saris
- Is keratin treatment for hair a joke?
- Is there a right way to take a shower
- Why did Neville Chamberlain believe in appeasement?
- How has global warming affected you personally?
- What are the best rolling makeup cases
- Women like to go into gloryholes
- Do research by professors during the school year
- Why are people obsessed with EDM
- Why was New York founded in 1609
- What does brown vaginal discharge mean
- What is your experience with Leadpages?