Why do turbines trip
Wolfsburg stumbles, favorites in other countries on track
The women's UEFA Champions League participants had mixed results in the run-up to the quarter-finals next weekend. It doesn't happen very often that VfL Wolfsburg suffer a defeat in the women's Bundesliga. But such a setback now creates new tension in the race for the championship title. In Denmark, Scotland and Spain, on the other hand, the top teams were able to meet expectations.
* Germany: defeat for Wolfsburg *On Sunday, VfL Wolfsburg suffered a defeat in the women's Bundesliga for the first time since February last year. The defending champion returned from the game at Turbine Potsdam with a 2-0 draw. The goals came in the final stages of the game by Genoveva Anonma from Equatorial Guinea and Natasa Andonova from Macedonia. The Potsdam women thus found their way back to the top group. The next two months should be very exciting. Since the table runner-up Bayern Munich surprisingly did not get beyond a goalless draw in the penultimate Duisburg, Wolfsburg continues to lead the table. The 1.FFC Frankfurt is in third place after a 5-0 victory against bottom line Herford SV. Kerstin Garefrekes and Celia Sasic have each entered the top scorer list twice. Arch-rival Turbine Potsdam is now sitting tied on the neck of the Frankfurt women.
* The first three: VfL Wolfsburg (42 points), Bayern Munich (41), 1st FFC Frankfurt, Turbine Potsdam (both 40) *
* Denmark: favorites with a new swing *The Danish league is picking up speed again after the long winter break. The top teams immediately found their rhythm again. Leader Brøndby and runner-up Fortuna Hjorring - the two teams that made up the last 13 championships - were able to underpin their supremacy again. Before the Champions League match at Linkoping, Brøndby won an undisputed 4-1 win against third-placed Kolding, while Fortuna Hjorring also had no major problems in a 4-2 win over Skovbakken.
The first three: *Brøndby IF (52 points), Fortuna Hjorring (41), Kolding (29) *
Scotland: Champions start appropriately
Series champions Glasgow City started the new season with a 5-0 win at Hutchison Vale. Suzanne Lappin topped the top scorer list with three goals on matchday one. The Glasgow women want to win the ninth title in a row. Now the team is concentrating on the upcoming Champions League quarter-final against Paris Saint-Germain at the weekend. This is the first time a Scottish club is represented at this stage of the competition. Spartan's Edinburgh also celebrated a 5-0 win over Forfar Farmington. Runner-up Glasgow Rangers won 4-0 at Hamilton.
Spain: Four teams still safe
There were no significant changes in the table in Spain after the four leading teams all recorded victories. Barcelona defended their lead at the top with a 3-1 win over Rayo Vallecano. Atlético Madrid, Valencia and Athletic Bilbao follow at some distance, who are probably only playing for second place. Atlético Madrid won 3-1 against fifth-placed Levante.
Top three: FC Barcelona (63 points), Atletico Madrid (54), FC Valencia (53)
- Can I windsurf from Calais to Dover
- Why inactivity causes depression
- Ola employees use Uber taxis
- What are examples of stringy food
- Where is my birth sun sign really
- How much mg is in 10000 IU
- Why wasn't the Cessna Skycatcher successful?
- Why is the electrical potential continuous
- What continent is Dominica
- Are there really mystical powers and siddhis
- Which habits can you make smarter over the long term?
- What is fig pudding
- We are mostly dead while we are alive
- Why do you have tubular cell sieves
- Did Ella Fitzgerald write her own songs
- What is clonazepam
- Is the weather an important factor in people's happiness?
- Should I really start using WhatsApp
- Is Savitar the fastest runabout
- What is the nursery rhyme of Lizzie Borden
- How do Aikido and Jiu Jitsu differ?
- How big is a yottabyte
- Physiology can make a person less ticklish
- It is very stressful to be an orthodontist