Our DNA is encoded like a computer
The genetic code
The abbreviations stand for the following amino acids (clockwise, starting with Met / Start):
Methionine, threonine, asparagine, lysine, serine, arginine, valine, alanine, aspartic acid, glutamic acid, glycine, phenylalanine, leucine, serine, tyrosine, cysteine, tryptophan, leucine, proline, histidine, glutamine, arginine and isoleucine.
Arginine, Leucine and Serine each appear twice in this list because there are several different codes for them.
The methionine code "AUG" stands for "start" at the beginning of a gene. This is where the translation begins.
UAA (ocher), UAG (amber) and UGA stand for "stop", i.e. the end of a gene. The translation stops here.
The chemical and physical properties of amino acids and their spatial distribution in a protein determine the properties of the protein and its function.
Now it's your turn. Can you decipher this sentence here using the genetic code?
UCA AUC AUG CCA UUG UAC
CCG GAA AGA UUU GAG UGC ACG
Try encrypting a sentence yourself using the genetic code and posting it online as a comment. The other users can then try to decrypt it. Have fun!
What is dna
The nuclei of our cells contain molecules in which the entire blueprint of our body is stored.Read more… What is DNA?
The leaf harvesters
Everyone knows it by name, but you rarely see it: the millipede. The lazy and light-shy animal is omnipresent in forests and in the garden. As a leaf composter, it plays an important role in ecosystems.Read more… The leaf recyclers
The fairy tale of spinach
Most nutritional myths are just that: myths. Many nutritionists argue that instead of following diet trends, people should learn to trust their own gut instincts again.Read more… The fairy tale of spinach
- What is Frankenfood
- What is a doodle in google
- Is it worth joining the special forces
- What is the westernmost nation in Europe
- What are security gaps in Intel CPU MDS
- How was VW caught
- How to Open a Risky Website
- Which is better Winnipeg or Detroit
- Is NaHCO3 acidic or basic
- Is Samsung better than Apple 1
- What is the history of western typography
- All get left behind when they're drunk
- How quickly do proteasomes break down proteins
- How do I derive the Maxwell's law of distribution
- How do diploid zygotes arise
- How strong is Grand Zeno
- What Are The Most Reputable Supplement Companies
- What's the best BBQ in Texas
- What is a PSD file in Photoshop
- How many exams are there in CHS
- What is love to an engineering student
- How many people live in Leeds
- Which stream is better for tracking CA.