All get left behind when they're drunk
Alcohol and COVID-19: What You Should Know
Alcohol Use Disorders and COVID-19
Alcohol use disorders are characterized by high consumption levels and loss of control over alcohol consumption. Heavy alcohol consumption increases the risk of acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), one of the most serious complications of COVID-19.
People with an alcohol use disorder are also at higher risk of contracting the coronavirus because they are more likely to be homeless or incarcerated than other members of the population. Therefore, in current conditions, it is important that people who need help due to their alcohol use get all the support they need.
If you or someone close to you has problems drinking alcohol, please note the following:
- The current situation is a good opportunity to stop drinking or at least reduce it significantly, as various incentives and situations of peer pressure such as parties, meeting friends, going to restaurants and clubs no longer occur.
- Try to keep up with your daily routine as much as possible, focus on things that you can control, and try to stay relaxed - for example through daily exercise, hobbies or relaxation exercises.
- Maintain physical distancing, but do not isolate yourself socially: call or write to friends, colleagues, neighbors and relatives.
- Ask someone you trust to be your contact person - either in person or over the phone.
- If necessary, get additional help, including anonymous help, e.g. B. through online counseling, online interventions by professionals, or self-help groups.
- Disinfectant alcohol can easily become accessible for consumption purposes in domestic isolation. It is therefore important to keep such products out of the reach of those who may abuse them.
- If you develop COVID-19, talk to your doctor or hospital staff about your alcohol consumption so that you receive the most appropriate treatment for you.
- Should I really start using WhatsApp
- How is tomato beneficial for the skin?
- How many channels does PewDiePie have
- How was Jane Addam's childhood
- What if you end up being a narcissist with gas
- Who is the father of cricket 10
- How do Android app creators earn
- What is the basic truth in the supervised classification
- What exactly is powerlifting
- What is the basic unit of viscosity
- What is firewalld on Linux
- What are the career opportunities in NRSC
- What are outstanding expenses
- How to get to BBD from Kanpur
- What is the meaning of 616
- How can I withhold my landline number
- Should I go back to my therapist?
- Why is a rhinoplasty performed
- As rated in descriptive paper online
- Why is e-commerce successful
- Is NaHCO3 acidic or basic
- How is Asafoetida cultivated
- Can I delete IAS during the engineering?
- Will eBay go bankrupt before 2021