Who is Michael Jordan
Michael Jordan, read: Meikel Dschorden, is a former basketball player from the USA. For most of his career he played for the Chicago Bulls in the NBA, the highest American league. He is almost 2 meters tall and used to play in the shooting guard position. These are the players who stand a little further away from the basket and set up the game, but who occasionally also throw baskets themselves. For many people, Michael Jordan was one of the best players ever.
Michael Jordan is a billionaire and one of the richest athletes in the world. He is the owner of the Charlotte Hornets, a team from the NBA. Michael Jordan also formed a team at NASCAR with a friend. These are car races that are particularly popular in the southern United States.
What did Jordan do as a player?
Michael Jeffrey Jordan, as his full name is called, was born in 1963 in Brooklyn, New York. After high school, he went to North Carolina University to play for its basketball team. It is so common in the US that professional athletes are trained at universities. After just a year at university, he was signed by the Chicago Bulls NBA team.
The young Jordan was voted Young Player of the Year in his first season. He quickly became the star of the team. He was particularly known for his slam dunks: he jumped up to the basket and put the ball into it. Because of this ability it was called "Air Jordan". Jordan advertised the Nike company, which was still relatively unknown at the time. This made Nike very successful. The company even launched a shoe brand called "Air Jordan".
From 1991 to 1993, Jordan won the championship three times with the Bulls. But then suddenly his father died. Wanting to fulfill his father's wish to become a baseball player, he quit basketball. Jordan played for the Birmingham Barons baseball team. However, he was nowhere near as good as a basketball player. That's why he returned to the Bulls and basketball in 1995.
In 1996, 1997 and 1998 the Bulls won the championship again. After that, Jordan resigned a second time. He became the manager of the Washington Wizards. In 2001, at the age of 38, he decided to return again. He played for the Wizards but remained a manager at the same time. Jordan waived his payment and donated the money to the victims of the 9/11 terrorist attacks. In 2003 he finally ended his career.
Michael Jordan also starred in several music videos during his career. The film Space Jam in which he had a leading role also had success. He played himself there and had to help the famous cartoon character Bugs Bunny and her friends win a basketball game against aliens.
There are also other search results for "Michael Jordan" from Blinde Kuh and Ask Finn.
- What is hollow r
- Zingaat is a Punjabi word
- Why can't I stop staring at myself?
- Which calculator should I buy for physics?
- Are audio cables directed
- Which thing leads to spitting
- How was iron processing introduced in China?
- A noun can have two definite articles
- Is 8 mile based on Eminem's life
- What does junk mean in slang
- Who is the captain of the French football team
- Is nature better than science
- Can you love without being in love
- Is there a course related to astrology
- Has anyone successfully invaded Russia
- Bulky SMS is valuable for businesses
- Is it easy to learn motorcycle repair
- Tsunade is the first paramedic ninja
- IBM has high employee satisfaction
- The chemistry in JEE is just advanced
- Modern technology is friendly to the blind
- How quickly does water dry up
- What is the quasi-static process
- Why do Gaense fly in an arrow