What do you think of Pakistani journalism
Pakistan outraged after NATO attack
Islamabad (AFP / nd). A NATO attack on a Pakistani military post in the border area with Afghanistan led to serious diplomatic upheavals over the weekend. The government in Islamabad protested. The military alliance and the US government expressed their regrets about the incident and tried to limit the damage.
According to the Pakistani Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar, at least 24 soldiers were killed in the air strike in northwestern Mohmand province on Saturday. Since the beginning of the international military operation in Afghanistan around ten years ago, never more people had been killed in similar incidents involving NATO. An ISAF spokesman called it "very likely" that it was a NATO attack. Accordingly, ground troops were on the move in the border area with Afghanistan. They would have requested assistance from the air. In the tribal regions of northwest Pakistan, the US repeatedly flies drone strikes on insurgents.
Pakistan's Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani condemned the attack, according to a statement from the Foreign Ministry. The army spoke of a "groundless and indiscriminate attack." At a special meeting, the government decided to review all "diplomatic, political, military and intelligence" agreements with NATO and the USA. It also stopped supplies for ISAF to Afghanistan and called on the US to evacuate an air force base. Secretary of State Khar telephoned her US colleague Hillary Clinton on Sunday to express her country's "deep feeling of anger" towards the United States. Pakistani Information Minister Firdous Ashiq Awan said the incident could fuel anti-American sentiment in his country.
nd journalism from the left thrives on the commitment of its readers
In view of the experience of the corona pandemic, we have decided to make our journalism permanently freely accessible on our website and thus make it available to everyone who is interested.
As with our print and epaper editions, our work as an author, editor, technician or publishing employee is reflected in every published article. It is what makes this journalism possible.
Volunteer now with just a few clicks!
- When are you going to start a YouTube channel
- What is your favorite ERC20 token
- What is the end of it all
- Is the word breakfast correct?
- What is impossible to say
- Are you living your truth
- Why is insulation important in commercial buildings
- Which artist sang the song Fortunate Son
- What does this Japanese sentence mean
- Which is difficult, Hadoop or Salesforce
- What watches does Trevor Noah wear
- How is Venus in the Ascendant?
- Where do people run in Toronto
- Which is the best novel from WWII
- Is the securitization regulated?
- What are some easy beginner piano songs
- There are birds
- What is an example of concentrated acid
- Can I use 230V in 240V
- Is the Slytherin house bad
- Can someone steal your DNA
- What are free fees and tied fees
- When will Tibet be independent?
- What is Inferior Mesenteric Artery Syndrome