How is cloud computing helpful
Cloud computing simply explained
Up until 15 years ago, Germany was still completely free of clouds. It was only in the new millennium that German companies discovered the full potential of Cloud Computing & Co. In particular, the acceptance and use of cloud applications are showing record growth.
Industry events such as the World of Cloud in particular benefit enormously from this development and offer interested visitors all information about cloud computing. Topics such as collaboration, digitization, OpenStack or smart data are right at the top of the agenda - a good reason to take a closer look at the cloud in this article. If you would like to find out more on April 27 and 28 in Frankfurt am Main, you can register for the trade fair free of charge using our voucher worth 50 euros. We are also giving away one Entry ticket to the trade fair congress worth 1,500 euros - Simply enter your contact details and write why you would like to join the World of Cloud. But back to the real topic.
What is cloud computing?
Almost everyone has stumbled upon the cloud at some point. The term seems to be omnipresent, but what exactly does it mean?
If you look for a general definition, it quickly becomes clear that the explanations often vary. In professional circles, the definition of the US standardization body NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) is often used:
Cloud computing is a model that allows you to conveniently access a shared pool of configurable computer resources (e.g. networks, servers, storage systems, applications and services) via a network at any time and anywhere, which can be done quickly and with minimal management effort or low service provider interaction can be provided.
In other words, the cloud enables companies to save their data on a computer or network that is not installed locally or to access applications and services that are in the metaphorical "cloud". The applications, services or data stored in the cloud can therefore be accessed and used from anywhere. Whether CRM, ERP or office programs - the number of applications that can be used cloud-based is immense. The popular, old telephone system in particular is countered with cloud and unfied communications solutions (see “The telephone system from the cloud”).
The advantages of cloud computing briefly presented:
- no maintenance or administrative effort required
- Infinite storage capacity of data
- Global use of cloud-based applications and services - prerequisite: an existing internet connection
Especially with a view to the development of the world of work, it is worthwhile to take a closer look at these aspects. The place of work is becoming more and more flexible. New workplace concepts such as home office or networked work are finding their way into companies. Cloud computing is not only helpful, especially for employees who work on the move, but is often a prerequisite for a productive workflow.
Cloud is not just cloud
Anyone who has read this far will already suspect: The world is not always as simple as it appears at first. In relation to our topic this means - we have to differentiate between the different cloud delivery models and service models. [Clear]
The public cloud - the black sheep in the industry
IT infrastructure and cloud services for the general public - that is the public cloud, which has lost its popularity significantly in Germany due to security concerns and NSA affairs. Conclusion: companies avoid them, private users use them every day. It is particularly SMEs that can benefit from this due to the lack of investment costs and a flexible payment system (pay-as-you-go).
Private Cloud - We grow our own cloud
Your own intranet, built as your own little cloud. Some people may now think of old wine in new bottles and are right about it. Dedicated servers with the help of virtualization had the same benefits, but with less security and higher costs in terms of scalability.
Hybrid cloud - the best of both
Individuality is very important to the hybrid cloud. Parts of the infrastructure can be available locally and services can be obtained from cloud providers at the same time. The needs of the users are clearly in the foreground.
Community Cloud - The community idea
If you want to use the advantages of public cloud offers and still know which neighbor occupies the server space next to you, you can be advised to use the community cloud. In this way, costs can be allocated equally despite the local distribution of the companies. Previous group of users: Mainly authorities, universities, cooperatives, etc.
What would you like? IaaS, PaaS or SaaS?
Of course, we don't want to hide the various service models from you. So you can choose between IaaS - Infrastructure as a Service, PaaS - Platform as a Service or SaaS - Software as a Service as well as lately XaaS - Everything as a Service choose. The scope of the individual models can vary depending on the provider. In addition, you will not be able to do without infrastructure for a complete private cloud. Depending on requirements, it should therefore be checked to what extent delivery and service models can be reconciled with one another.
- At IaaS the infrastructure is delivered to you free of charge and you design your computer network completely independently. Your IT department is responsible for installing, maintaining and updating software.
- PaaS offers the company a platform for developing and executing its own software applications. The service provider makes the platform available and maintains it. Running times are increasingly flexible and the cost items are scalable on a monthly basis.
- With SaaS you have arrived in the world of the technology-free company, at least locally. Because all software applications and the infrastructure are offered directly by the service provider and billed individually. Own resources for maintenance, updates etc. are a thing of the past.
- The term is on the side XaaS mentioned, which has developed separately from the three main models in recent years. It describes other models, such as Humans as a Service (HuaaS), in which the resource “human” is provided for services, as well as High Performance Computing as a Service (HPCaaS) and Landscape as a Service (LaaS).
The trend is towards "Made in Germany"
Almost half (44%) of German companies are already successfully using cloud services and, according to a KPMG and BITKOM study, 78% are satisfied with the services. In companies with more than 500 employees, the use of cloud services is the absolute standard, but medium-sized companies still have some catching up to do.
Currently, only 41% of companies with 20 to 99 employees use the advantages of cloud computing. It is often security concerns that stand in the way of even steeper growth. Almost 60% of companies fear unauthorized access to their data and for 40% legal uncertainties are a decisive reason to turn their back on technology.
However, cloud providers from Germany have recognized this and advertise with the seal "Made in Germany" increasingly for the favor of the customer. Sensitive data is stored in German high security centers, which in turn are subject to German law. External access and cyber attacks can thus be largely ruled out.
Current offers for cloud computing
Anyone know more about the subject Cloud computing and would like to experience its possibilities, you are welcome to visit us at the World of Cloud 2015 in Frankfurt or in the current eco-audio magazine listen in:
The World of Cloud and aixvox cordially invite you
Here are the key data for the 3rd edition of the World of Cloud congress fair from Management Circle AG
[message type = "simple" bg_color = "# EEEEEE" color = "# 333333"]Date: 27. – 28.04.2015
Place: Frankfurt am Main
In theRegistering with the aixvox code “WOC1022” saves you 50 euros for visiting the trade fair[/ message]
In addition, we cordially invite you to the Guided tours the fair. These start on Monday April 27, 2015 at 11:00 a.m. and on April 28, 2015 at 2:00 p.m.. You will meet your guide Detlev Artelt in the foyer at the beginning.
Raffle for a congress ticket
If you would like to find out more about cloud computing, you can take part in the raffle for a Congress card in the Value of 1,500 euros take part. Simply enter your contact details and write us why you would like to join the World of Cloud.
Microsoft's Cyber Trust Blog
The IBM Thoughts on Cloud blog
The company blog CloudUser
Cloud Computing News
cio.de with a focus on cloud computing
Simply subscribe now!
Don't worry, we don't spam!
As a rule, we inform you once a month about new workshops, trade fairs, seminars, webinars and the latest articles on our website.
You have successfully subscribed to the aixvox newsletter!
- Are you interested in your brother
- Did the British forces invade Argentina?
- What does my shirt say
- What's wrong with TVS Scooty
- Why are flowers seen as girlish?
- If you eat vegetables, you will live longer
- When did reality exceed your expectations
- How do I deal with my introvert crush
- How do you hang up your toilet paper
- Snowflakes is an abusive word
- Who invented OrCam MyMe
- How can I be safe in cities
- Can people really survive without eating?
- How does induction work
- How do I get rid of mistakes
- Do you know who hacked my email
- How did Jama Masjid get its name
- How is winter in Puducherry India
- When do employees become dissatisfied with their salaries?
- Does Elon Musk ever go on Reddit
- Is there a software marketplace
- Which cement is best jsw or ambuja
- How does ASMR feel?
- When does a zombie apocalypse begin?