Can I take geography agriculture for IAS
Workshop: Agriculture - Water Management - Climate Change
From February 7th to 9th, 2019, a workshop took place in Seeon Abbey, in which more than 40 participants from science, business and government institutions took part. The event was headed by Prof. Dr. Wolfram Mauser, Chair for Geography and Geographical Remote Sensing at the Ludwig Maximilians University in Munich.
Diverse landscapes and natural spaces are indispensable sources of health. They create food and quality of life, convey well-being and experience nature and also offer space for movement, encounter and relaxation. Increasingly intensive use in agriculture and water management (land expansion, plant nutrition and plant protection, monocultures, drainage of the landscape, etc.) limits this beneficial effect on our health. The implementation of the model of a health-promoting environment and community in the holistic sense described above is therefore urgently required. At the same time, it is becoming increasingly clear that climate change is not only influencing Bavarian agriculture and water management to a considerable extent, and in some cases severely affecting it. This requires changes in the framework conditions for all actors involved at all levels of action, from agriculture and water management, to landscapes, rural areas and society. Environmental and agricultural policy must therefore be understood as a central part of social policy.
The event was financed by the Bavarian State Ministry for the Environment and Consumer Protection, research project Az 56a-U4421-2016 / 2-41 with the title "Agriculture - Water Management - Climate Change: New Perspectives for Agriculture and Environment". In four working groups on the topics of soil, water, biodiversity and socio-ecology, the complex topic for the fields of action society (1), rural areas (2), landscape (3) and agriculture and water management (4) was addressed with the aim of development discussed in a joint prioritization and finally summarized in a plenary session.
For more information visit the project page.
- Are you a recovered narcissist?
- Why don't the oceans and seas mix
- What value does crowdsourcing bring to companies
- Is churidar allowed at Christ University
- How do you work or work in sports betting
- How many kilometers is a mile
- Why is my tongue cracked and white
- How do you get humanity to act
- Why are so many people using ExpressVPN
- How much SEO worth do breadcrumbs have
- Can I delete IAS during the engineering?
- Would you like to be read aloud
- Where do we mostly hear bad words
- Does the OnePlus 7 have problems with the heating
- Should Susan Wojcicki get fired
- What does Yandex
- How come coughing gives me a headache
- Can a QA engineer start learning RPA
- What is the basis for conflict resolution
- What caused the aurors on Neptune
- What do libertarians think of the ACLU
- How did the Enlightenment thinkers become enlightened
- How do German traffic signs differ?
- What are the rules of GW BASIC