Why do people convert to Buddhism
ConvertReligious Get over it
choose something new
One remains Protestant and becomes a Buddhist. The other converts to Islam. The next one is baptized at 26. Three stories about converting to another religion.
Christianity => Buddhism
Nicole Schürmann, 28, wants to become a Buddhist. She already lives as such and is on her way to ordination, an admission to the order of the Triratna. It usually takes several years to prepare for it.
In everyday life, being a Buddhist means for her that she regularly makes resolutions, for example: No more life. She tries to implement that and lives vegetarian.
"I have become more open, warm-hearted, happier and more satisfied."
No religion => Christianity
Renardo Schlegelmilch, 26, was baptized in Cologne Cathedral last year. Religion played practically no role in his home. Through his work at Domradio he came into contact with the Catholic Church, and he took a liking to it.
Before he was baptized, he had baptism classes. There he also learned that he can choose his church - depending on how openly he wants to live out his faith.
"To important questions like 'Where is the deeper meaning?' and 'Where are we going?' I didn't want to stand there without an answer. "
Christianity => Islam
Iman Andrea Reimann, 41, converted to Islam 20 years ago. She didn't have a crisis of meaning and didn't ask herself any big questions about the world. But: a relative was dying. And Christianity did not give her enough comfort and support in this phase. In a bookstore she found a book about dying from a Muslim perspective. That impressed her, she says. And she decided to become a Muslim.
Today she follows the rules of Islam, does not drink alcohol and wears a headscarf. She is sure that Islam will remain her religion.
"I found my center in Islam."
- Who Owns Prudential Financial
- Which place has the longest name
- How to say flat in Portuguese
- Which DSLR camera is best under 20000rs
- What makes lobsters scream
- What is the hospital procedure after the stillbirth
- How do I make foam waterproof
- How quickly do proteasomes break down proteins
- What is the plural form of synopsis
- Is it ridiculous to mine asteroids for resources?
- How can restaurants reduce food waste
- Which yoga asanas are avoided in certain periods of time?
- What are the symptoms of a mental illness
- What are Clausewitz's theories
- Sorry for going to UT Dallas
- What is mains voltage
- Have you ever asked for restorative justice
- What do boys think of little girls
- How can I convert 1GB to 1MB
- Is subliminal messaging legal in marketing
- What is the problem with overvoltage
- Do you get homework in college
- Which Halloween costume have you regretted?
- How and when was tennis invented