Can Apple unlock a deactivated iPhone?
iPhone deactivated? That's how it works again
If the unlock code is entered incorrectly too often, an iPhone will be deactivated. But the device is far from lost. We will show you how the iOS device can be unlocked again after the message.
After the first five unsuccessful attempts to unlock, you have to wait until the next entry. After several unsuccessful attempts, the time in which the iPhone is deactivated increases. Ultimately, after ten incorrect codes, the message "iPhone is disabled, connect to iTunes“Played out. It is a security mechanism to prevent thieves from easily gaining access to the data on a stolen iPhone. To reactivate the device afterwards, a Windows PC or Mac with iTunes is required. This is how the times look like after the corresponding incorrect entries:
- 6 incorrect entries: "iPhone is deactivated, try again in 1 minute."
- 7 incorrect entries: "iPhone is deactivated, try again in 5 minutes."
- 8 incorrect entries: "iPhone is deactivated, try again in 15 minutes."
- 9 Incorrect entries: "iPhone is deactivated, try again in 60 minutes."
- 10 incorrect entries: "iPhone is deactivated, connect to iTunes."
The preset times cannot be changed or switched off. If you remembered the code again, wait until the countdown on the screen has run down and unlock your iPhone as usual.
"IPhone is deactivated": Solution
If the message "iPhone is disabled, connect to iTunes“, The device is completely reset. Personal data will be deleted, so you should have set up a backup beforehand. The data cannot be saved retrospectively via iTunes. To reactivate the iPhone via iTunes, you must first put it into recovery mode. If you don't already have it, download the latest version from iTunes. Then proceed as follows:
iPhone 8 and newer
- When the device is switched on, press the Power button as well as one of the two Volume buttons.
- Hold down both buttons.
- Slide the slider to turn it off as soon as it appears.
- Connect the iPhone to your computer while holding down the side button. With the iPhone 7, keep your finger on the Volume down button instead of the side button.
- As soon as the recovery mode is activated, you release the side button.
iPhone 6s and older
- Hold your finger on the top side button.
- Turn off the iPhone using the controller.
- Connect the iOS device to the computer and hold your finger on the at the same time Home button.
- The recovery mode is activated and you can take your finger off the home button.
Tip: We'll also show you how to put an iPhone into maintenance mode (DFU) in the event of problems.
iPhone deactivated? You can only save data with a backup
iTunes automatically recognizes the iPhone when it is deactivated. Follow the on-screen instructions to restore the iOS device. Your iPhone will be activated after completion. You can now restore any existing backup to access your old data. Also make a note of the unlock code so that the iPhone is not deactivated again later! Alternatively, choose a different unlock method, for example Face ID or Touch ID.
If your iPhone cannot be put into recovery mode or the disabled state cannot be resolved, contact Apple support for further assistance. If you are looking for a cheap, new iPhone, take a look at our shop!
- How hard can a house withstand
- We recommend Nokia Lumia 730
- What human practice will never die out
- Is there a massage parlor in Patna
- What is bullying for children
- How do performers or musicians choose the repertoire?
- How was your XIMB interview experience
- Why do people hate shred guitar
- Can elderly people survive pneumonia?
- Underwear Why are bras so expensive
- Online coaching works
- What is the hottest temperature in Indonesia
- How does network switching work with VLAN
- How old is Mr. Spock
- Who is your favorite animated horse
- Sorry for going to UT Dallas
- What is a reverse relationship
- Are PLA and ABS toxic
- How far should your gym be
- How can airmen leave the Air Force
- What are the deadliest inventions
- What does ergonomics really mean?
- Cities should ban facial recognition
- Is the Mahendra Institute good for SSC CHSL
- How can I systematically solve math problems
- Must film noir black and white
- Are there brain or memory boosters
- What does OCR stand for in finance?
- Physical immortality becomes possible
- What are some websites like ShareChat
- Why does Qatar build stadiums
- Jackcepticeye is fully Irish
- What does Freewill