Why do I have Triple Deja Vu
How is a déjà vu experience created?
Déjà-vu can colloquially refer to several phenomena. For one thing, you sometimes say that when something just sounds familiar. If you z. B. experienced certain conflicts over and over again.
Not a psychic experience
But this is about the déjà vu experiences in the narrower sense: When you have the feeling: “I've seen that before” - although you know that it can't be. You walk through an area and suddenly have the feeling: "Have I been here before?" There are two ways to explain this phenomenon. One can approach it spiritually and esoterically and refer to supernatural experiences. Or that in such cases you are dealing with memories from a previous life. Many such explanations can be devised, but they are difficult to verify. Alternatively, one can try to understand the phenomenon scientifically and ask: How can the brain create such an illusion?
How recognition works
What happens in the brain when we recognize something under normal circumstances? Because that's what it's all about: the feeling of “recognition”. Brain researchers can explain this well: Recognizing something consists of three steps:
- We experience (see, hear, smell ...) something
- At the same time, our brain calls up memories from the past and compares the new impressions with the old memories
- If there is a match, there is the signal: "I already know"
Epileptics particularly often report déjà vu experiences
One could explain a déjà-vu in such a way that the third step occasionally becomes independent, i.e. that the brain fires the message "I already know" without there being any reason for it. There is even an indication that this could be a cause: Epileptics report déjà vu experiences particularly often.
In a nutshell, an epileptic seizure creates a kind of short circuit in the brain. And sometimes the same brain regions are involved in such an attack as those responsible for evaluating memory content. That is one possible explanation.
Another explanation is that we unconsciously have actually already had or anticipate certain experiences: I am going for a walk with someone across a hilly landscape, I can see from one hill to the valley but one, but do not consciously perceive it because I am in that Conversation deepened. But unconsciously, my brain is already making an impression of what it looks like in this valley. Then when I see it again on the next hill, it feels familiar. This is now a very constructed situation, which is only intended to illustrate how one can imagine such an unconscious anticipation.
However, we know that unconscious perceptions can play a role because it is possible under hypnosis to confront people with experiences that they may not remember afterwards, but which they experience as déjà-vu when they do them again .
So there are different approaches to explain déjà-vus. But they are all still speculative. There is still no solid explanation.
The text and audio of this post are licensed under the CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 Creative Commons license.
- Broadcast on
- Which power supplies recruit without the GATE test
- What are the functions of villi
- Is it bad for you to suck in helium?
- How much does a gold Rolls Royce cost
- Freedom is freedom when it has an impact
- You can study geology after btech
- Who is the most attractive movie TV villain
- What happens when we drink sweat
- What Are Some Safe Hotels In Lucknow
- What motivates you to study the Bible?
- What is the curse of the video game film
- How are brain zaps caused
- I am mentally ill
- Hate calling people
- Can we take glucose while fasting?
- What are the hits from Eminem
- Whatever happened to Top Gear Dog
- Lawyers get out of date
- How long is a ruler in MM
- What will happen in Money Heist 4?
- What is the SAP of the transport layer
- How do you get musical performances
- How do you find yourself 1
- Monkeys have sign language
- How legitimate is commercially available algo trading
- Why are people acting insane
- What are the consequences of extreme intelligence
- What is your favorite jacket
- How does the automatic voting work
- What are the best startup videos
- Should I get divorced after infidelity
- Redis is a NoSQL database
- What does Ketorolac do
- Should ICC rethink some cricket rules