Why are no emails sent in Outlook
Outlook: no email reception - what to do?
If you cannot receive email with Outlook, there are three places where you can troubleshoot. We will show you how you can exclude sources of error and try out solutions.
Check email server
If sending and receiving emails doesn't work, Outlook doesn't have to be the problem. Check whether you can connect to your e-mail service via your browser:
- Go to your email service website. If the page does not load, all you have to do is wait and see, as the problem seems to be with your email provider. Perhaps these practical tips about GMX will also help you in this case.
- If the page can be called up, log in. If this doesn't work, your data is probably incorrect or your account has been blocked. In this case, contact customer service. For example as described here for GMX.
- If the log-in works, you at least have an emergency solution for sending and receiving e-mails. In this case, check your Outlook settings.
Outlook settings for sending and receiving
In Outlook itself there are a few settings that you can change if you have problems.
- Press [F9] to send and receive emails.
- Navigate to Tools> Email Accounts> View or Edit Existing Email Accounts and click Next.
- Select your e-mail account and click on "Change ..." and then on "Additional settings ...".
- Compare the data entered here with the specifications of your e-mail service. You can find this on the website of your e-mail service or in this or that list. Instructions for T-Online can be found in this practical tip.
- Many services, such as Gmail, offer extensive support. Here you can find alternative ports for SMTP, for example, which you can enter and try out under the "Advanced" tab.
- Standard ports for SMTP are "25" for TCP, "465" for TCP with SSL / TSL encryption and "587" for TCP for delivery by mail clients. The port for POP3 is usually "995" and for IMAP "993".
- If no emails are still being sent or received, the last thing you can do is to check your firewall settings
Check Outlook internet connection
If sending and receiving do not work, Outlook may be blocked by your firewall.
- Open "Run" with [Windows] + [R] and enter "cmd" in the input window.
- Now type "netstat -b". A list of connection calls appears.
- If you are not an administrator, you can use these instructions to generate the command as a batch file and then execute it as an administrator.
- If "Outlook.exe" does not appear under "Active Connections", Outlook may be damaged and can be repaired with a new installation.
- If "Outlook.exe" appears but is displayed as "Waiting", your firewall is probably blocking the connection to the Internet.
- Unblock or temporarily disable it in your firewall. We offer instructions for Avast and Windows 8.
- Here you can find general help if Windows 8.1 apps cannot connect to the internet.
Video: Set up T-Online-Mail in Outlook
If you have problems with your T-Online mail account, we will show you in our practical tip video how to set up your account correctly in Outlook.
The instructions apply to Office 2003. In other versions, the menu names differ in part. If you still have problems with Outlook, you can consider switching to Firebird.
- What is Gnostic
- Write speed units
- Is building a quadcopter a great project?
- What is a limited series on Netflix
- What is the bubble sorting algorithm
- What is IIM Ahmedabad
- Is gymnastics a female sport?
- Why is water advertised as mineral water
- Is shown a real kiss in Bollywood film
- What is the need for bass
- What happened is the Arabic spring
- Why do people like Honey Singh songs
- How do you shop with 9 children
- Which is India's most beautiful language
- What's the cheapest pizza you've ever bought
- What is the chemical name of air?
- The Symbiosis entrance exam has reservations
- Who is Ciri
- What is 2 8192 qubits
- Are you a recovered narcissist?
- What whales live in the Mediterranean
- People meet with investors through Clarity FM
- What is a real business cycle
- Can a buffalo speak like a human