What are the causes of HLH syndrome
Hemophagocytosis Syndrome (Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis, HLH)
This text provides information on the clinical picture of hemophagocytic syndrome (hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis, HLH), its frequency, causes, symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis.
Author: Prof. Dr. med. S. Ehl, Henrike Ritterbusch, Julia Dobke, created on: 25.09.2019, editing: Ingrid Grüneberg, approval:, Prof. Dr. med. U. Creutzig, last changed: January 31, 2020
Notes on the text
The following information text is aimed at patients who are affected by haemophagocytosis syndrome and their relatives, friends, teachers and other caregivers as well as the interested public. It is intended to contribute to a better understanding of this disease, the options for treating it and the problems and special needs of the patients concerned.
Our information does not replace the necessary clarifying discussions with the treating physicians and other employees of the treatment team; however, they can help to prepare these conversations and to understand them better.
The information contained in this patient text has been created primarily on the basis of the literature given below and taking into account the current guidelines for the treatment of children and adolescents with haemophagocytosis syndrome. The text was checked by the editors specified above in August 2019 and approved for posting on the Internet for a period of five years. It should be checked and updated again at the latest after this period has expired.
Please note that the following are general information and recommendations that - given the complex situation - do not necessarily apply to every patient in their entirety. Many therapy recommendations have to be decided on an individual basis and on an interdisciplinary basis. Your treatment team will inform you of the measures that apply to you.
- Lehmberg K, Ehl S: Haemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis. Pediatric hematology and oncology, eds: A. Eggert, C. Niemeyer, Springer Verlag 2nd edition 2018 [ISSN: 978-3-662-43686-8] LEH2018
- Pachlopnik Schmid, J: Hemophagocytosis Syndrome. PAEDIATRICA 2011, Vol. 22 No. 4, p.13 PAC2011
- Ritterbusch H, Ehl, S: Hemophagocytosis Syndrome. Information sheets on primary immunodeficiency RIT2009
- Why do you feel bad with dentists?
- What is a company 9
- Who is responsible for writing FAQs
- Is it okay for people to piss us off
- Can a paraplegic weave
- Why are my legs so scaly
- What's your favorite Kodi skin
- Which all inclusive resorts offer wedding packages?
- What is the basic truth in the supervised classification
- How does an Allegro sound
- Are scorpions viviparous or oviparous
- How should BITS Pilani study engineering
- Who is someone who is extremely underestimated
- Can herbicides kill cows
- If x 81 what is x
- What is the priority date for EB3
- What ingredients are in SONIC Carhop burgers
- When can I get married?
- What is Pole and Equator
- There are Nespresso capsules with hot chocolate
- What is Daenerys justification for invading Westeros
- Is Salesforce good for the future
- Is 8 mile based on Eminem's life
- Narcissists really despise their offspring
- Galgotia University gives scholarships
- Can AI help SEO performance
- Is Manipal worth giving 15 lakhs
- What are some examples of compulsory contracts
- The continents are still drifting
- What is the theory of God particle
- Is Amazon Prime worth 999
- How did Pasteur refute the spontaneous generation
- ZzzQuil causes dementia