How long is a good article paragraph
Why it doesn't matter where and how often you make a paragraph
Some people are at loggerheads with paragraphs: They either write a piece of text through in a block or they make way too many paragraphs, which tears the text up. Neither is optimal. A paragraph should be a unit of thought. It bundles your knowledge on a certain aspect of your text.
Why do readers need paragraphs in the first place?
A paragraph will help you
- read the text with concentration.
- to understand the text better.
- easier to remember the content of the text.
When to make a paragraph
Unfortunately, there is no silver bullet for how many paragraphs you should make in a text. The only important thing is the context. So put a paragraph if you have, for example
- finished a thought and brought up something new.
- want to add a few sentences to what has been said so far.
- Change the point of view, for example, something that you initially explained from the customer's point of view, now represent from the point of view of the seller.
The difference between a paragraph and a line break
Did you know that a paragraph and a line break are not the same thing? A line break occurs when you press the Enter key once. If you press the Enter key twice, you make a paragraph. Ultimately, this means that a paragraph always consists of a line break and a blank line.
Finally: special features of web texts
With web texts you make more paragraphs than with printed texts, because it makes it easier for the reader to grasp the content on the screen. Indeed, on the web, paragraphs often contain very few sentences, sometimes even a single sentence.
Incidentally, with texts it is similar to food: none of us eat a piece of meat or cake as a whole. We always eat food in small bites. Ultimately, they also ensure that the food tastes good to us and that we can digest it more easily. So, make targeted paragraphs!
You might also be interested in:
What does your "finished" text look like?
How to correctly set punctuation marks (commas, hyphens, etc.)
Shutterstock.com: Image number:144352867, Copyright: imagedb.com
Share the article:
- Why don't I like to have friends
- How much time can we stop breathing
- Is Amitabh Bachchan overrated 2
- What is cinema advertising
- Who has ever tried Pink Zebra Sprinkles?
- Is Instagram a narcissism website
- Which actors play the main roles in Holes
- What is the after-tax salary called
- Is VIT Vellore better than many NITs
- How can international cyberbullying be dealt with?
- In what situations does silence mean consent?
- What are cluster operating systems
- What is stator
- What is a coloboma in the eye
- Why is the American government so complex
- Is passpack safe
- Will humans ever not depend on oil?
- What is important for math or science
- How is the MAIT placement going in 2018
- Is nylon a natural fiber
- What is Candlebox's most successful song
- Which company has the best ICO developers
- Who originally designed Scottie Pippen
- Guitar solos are easy to play