How do I install Avast
Avast Free Antivirus
Software to protect against viruses, Trojans, rootkits and spyware is the basic requirement in order not to catch any malware while surfing the Internet. Usually a free virus scanner like Avast Free Antivirus for Windows, which like Avira Free Antvirus offers basic protection against malware.
Look for threats immediately
The antivirus software, Avast Free Antivirus, from the manufacturer Avast checks all startup programs because malware wants to be active immediately after Microsoft Windows starts. The scan starts immediately after Avast Free Antivirus is installed. In addition, the freeware from Avast offers a quick scan of the entire computer, which can be changed if desired so that the software on the computer can be searched completely or at a specific time. Removable media such as external hard drives, SD cards and USB sticks are also taken into account - or, if necessary, only a specific folder. How Avast Free Antivirus should proceed when searching for a virus or other malware can be specified in the scan settings. You can define specifications for drives, autostart programs and rootkits.
Protection against annoying toolbars
When installing software that includes adware, toolbars often nestle in the browser. They are often "accidentally" installed when installing a downloaded program, because ticks are not removed in check boxes that cause the installation of the unwanted software version. These toolbars do not have to be dangerous, but can be extremely annoying due to their very engaging design and the display of advertising banners in the browser. That is why one of the functions of Avast Free Antivirus is a "Browser Cleanup" that removes existing toolbars and restores the browser version to its original state.
Security for the home network
While the protection of your own Windows PC was primarily important in the past, your home network is also at risk today. This is because you can surf the web with smartphones and tablets via WLAN or watch videos on the network-enabled television. Attacks on routers are no longer uncommon, because these are interesting, for example, when criminals want to gain access to them in order to handle phone calls and data traffic undetected. Avast Free Antivirus checks its own network for weak points and draws attention to them so that they can be eliminated.
Versions and installation
If you use Avast Free Antivirus privately, you do not need to buy a license for the software, because this edition of Avast is free for private, non-commercial use. The installation of the antivirus software starts with a double click on the downloadable online installer, which loads the necessary software from the Internet. The installation process also allows you to install additional software such as the Google Chrome browser. If you do not want to install this browser version, it is sufficient to remove the check mark for installation. In order to improve Avast Free Antivirus, the manufacturer wants to collect Avast data and does so - after installing the free edition this can be forbidden by unchecking "Participate in the Avast Community" via "Settings> General".
Extension for the browser
Avast offers a free extension for Google Chrome. This is called Avast Online Security and takes on a kind of guard function for everyday surfing on the Internet. The small plug-in monitors the user's surfing activities and, in return, offers a warning function of potentially dangerous websites based on a reputation system. The reputation arises from the website visits of all users who can rate the page via the extension. Avast Online Security also shows whether the page visited is carrying out a visitor analysis or tracking for advertising purposes. In addition, the plug-in redirects the user to legitimate pages if the user has entered a typo in the address bar of the browser.
More security for a surcharge
If the functions of Avast Free Antivirus are not sufficient, you can fall back on a security package with an extended range of functions with the paid version Avast Premier. Among other things, Avast Premier offers an integrated VPN to protect your own privacy. In addition, the software has a function for the simple management of passwords as well as a cleanup tool for optimizing your own system on board.
Avast Free Antivirus Tips & Tricks:
- What are the main causes of problems
- What are Cornell's graduation requirements
- Why are some plants poisonous
- How is muscle tissue organized
- Are Facebook groups working
- What are the Twitter rules
- Which is the best-written holy book
- Which country vehicle is that
- Which eyeshadows are the most pigmented
- Causes SENS male sterility
- What is the history of electrical engineering
- Why is Namkeen called in Indore Mickture
- How do you calculate in a table
- Are decision trees AI
- Which particles have no rest mass?
- Was Tokyo Rose a traitor or not
- How many hexadecimal color codes are there
- Which functions would Node js do better
- How can unknown substances be identified
- Is VIT Vellore better than many NITs
- What is the best car alarm system
- What is the average Amity University package
- What is a JDBC connection
- Why do eukaryotic cells have a nucleus
- How can Trump disrupt the NFL
- What is fatigue deal
- How can I change the Hotstar password?
- Doxing violates US law
- What kind of material is silicon
- What is the etymology of bootleg
- Is the algorithm a computer language
- What whales live in the Mediterranean
- How's the election going in Ghana?
- Why do some fish hang on to sharks?