Which is better statistics or math
Mathematics and statistics - what you can learn from professors about lottery numbers and the like
News from April 1st, 2019
Week after week many lottery players hope for the jackpot. In (online) casinos too, gamblers try their hand at games of chance such as roulette in order to win big. But what role do statistics and probability calculations play in this? You can learn that from professors about lottery numbers and the like.
Gambling principle - in the end the bank always wins
Games of chance in general and the lottery in particular are tempting: With relatively little stake, it is possible to become a millionaire. Players ignore the fact that the probability of the jackpot in the lottery is only 0.00000072% or 1: 139 million. Professor Andreas Heuer from the Institute for Physical Chemistry at the University of Münster doubts that the human brain is capable of detecting such a probability. The prospect - at least the theoretical one - of a profit in the millions makes all common sense disappear. Roulette offers better odds. Those who limit themselves to red or black there have at least a 48% chance of winning. Because of the green zero, however, the bank wins in the long term.
Lotto - what is important for the highest possible profit
If you want to win the lottery, you have to hope that your tips for Wednesday or Saturday are correct. This is difficult enough because of the probability. Some lottery players are happy about 5 or 6 correct numbers after the drawing, but are disappointed when the odds are announced. The reason: many other lottery players have bet the same numbers. It is therefore important to bet against chance as well as against the other players. It is also important to bear in mind that certain numbers have no catching up to do. Just because certain digits have not been drawn for a long time does not mean that the machine treats them preferentially. That one has no memory.
What mistakes do lottery players make?
Lottery players usually make two big mistakes: First, they choose their birthday. Naturally, however, it contains numbers that also apply to the special day of other players. Since numerous tipsters prefer this type of number selection, the odds in the event of a win are anything but high. On the other hand, many lottery players use samples when they fill out the ticket. Geometric figures such as triangles and squares, horizontal rows or diagonals are examples of this big mistake that causes disappointed faces in the event of a win. Because other players also opt for this simple approach. However: a smaller profit than hoped for is better than none at all.
Which lottery numbers are noteworthy?
Karl Bosch - a German statistician, professor emeritus for applied mathematics and statistics and author - has evaluated 7 million lottery series. He found out both the most popular and the least popular lottery numbers, which can also be transferred to other games in this form. For example, if you want to play offline or online bingo and choose your own numbers on the ticket, you might end up with the most popular lottery numbers 7, 9, 10, 11, 17, 18 and 19. On the other hand, the 29, 35, 36, 42, 43 and 44 are less popular. Typically, tipsters prefer to choose numbers from inside the ticket as well as birthday numbers - keyword: "Century number 19".
Which lottery strategy brings attractive odds?
If you want to optimize your chance of winning the lottery as high as possible without many co-winners, you do without an all too common selection of numbers. Birthdays and patterns are taboo, instead the unpopular lottery numbers come into focus. So players should choose numbers in the bottom two rows as well as on the edges. Letting patterns emerge is not a good idea here either. It is important not only to use numbers above 31 - those that have nothing to do with birthdays. While sports betting online or offline, for example, requires at least some basic knowledge about the respective sport and the teams, with the lottery the most important thing is to strategically imitate chance.
Conclusion: gambling is only a coincidence
It is impossible to predict that you will be able to make a profit in games of chance. Rather, luck and chance decide whether the stake is completely lost, at least reasonably compensated for by a small win or, thanks to the very large jackpot, has been invested in the best possible way.
- How do the New England Patriots train
- Can a non-vegetarian person become enlightened
- What is it like to be humiliated
- Why is it ineffective to study Japanese abroad?
- How do I optimize my website
- General intelligence can be increased
- Do you control the reflection of yourself
- Why was Jesus' ministry so brief?
- How many women did Mick Jagger have
- What are the components of organizational development
- Why are ISO standards complex
- How do architecture and infrastructure differ?
- How do I use a steam bath
- Where can I find clothes under the age of 20
- Is Sacramento a sanctuary city
- What is the Old Testament about
- What is the best ethernet cable
- Where does Samsung make its Exynos processor
- When do you dream in your sleep
- How to use the BODMAS rule
- Is The Book of Leaves Real?
- Can we do Acca shortly after the 12th
- Do you feel close to your friends?
- How do I get free soccer jerseys
- Why are most carnival ship captains Italian
- Intermittent fasting works for everyone
- What is the best USB gaming headset
- Can a person only live on food supplements?
- Did Ella Fitzgerald write her own songs
- Why is Namkeen called in Indore Mickture
- How do you remove existing hypnosis programming
- CBD oil is legal in every state