What are recipes for sirloin steak stew
In summer most people think of barbecues or salads. But a stew can also be a summer highlight, like this light recipe with lobster and steak.
- Stew * is a classic dish for autumn and winter.
- With light and fine ingredients, the stew can also be enjoyed in summer.
- Anja Auer has an exquisite recipe for gourmets in her luggage.
Stew in summer? A really hearty and heavy thing? At 30 degrees in the shade? Doesn't work, right? Right! But what would it look like if you came around the corner with a very light stew? With the finest ingredients? Which don't lie in your stomach like boulders after enjoying - here comes a recipe for everyone who doesn't want to go without a stew even in midsummer ...
What makes this summer stew so special?
There are two features that make the stew an easy and fine number: On the one hand, there are very few carbohydrates among the ingredients. No potatoes, chickpeas, beans or lentils are used. But in the main roles: roast beef, lobster and delicious vegetables. By the way, the combination of lobster and roast beef makes the stew into one Surf & Turf Court.
This is what the term "Surf & Turf" means
If you order in the Surf & Turf restaurant, you will be served a beef steak (entrecote, fillet or roast beef) and crustaceans (lobster, prawns or scampi). This can be derived from the fact that "Surf" for sea is where crustaceans are found. And "Turf" points to that race on which the cattle graze. In addition to these classic Surf & Turf dishes, which are usually served with French fries, there is also the Surf & Turf Burger, for example. And recently this world first: the Surf & Turf stew.
Seven burger tips from the professional: How to make the perfect burger
Summer stew: recipe with minimal preparation time
The nice thing about this dish is the easy preparation: All ingredients (except for the lobster - if you prefer to use shrimp or scampi, please do so) in bite-sized pieces to cut. Then gradually fry in the saucepan and add the vegetable stock. Let everything simmer for 45 minutes and add the crustaceans for the last 15 minutes. That's it. A summer stew in an hour - what more could you want?
The modification for the winter
For example, if you want to include this luxurious stew in your New Year's Eve menu, you don't have to struggle with outside temperatures of around 30 degrees - unless you spend your New Year's Eve in Australia. Then there is the possibility to operate with potatoes or chickpeas, which bring a little more "strength" into this stew - and whoops you have a lot luxurious winter stew.
Also delicious:This ingeniously simple starter is guaranteed to impress your guests
Recipe for summer surf & turf stew
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Preparation time: 60 minutes
Ingredients for the summer surf & turf stew
- 500 g roast beef
- 500 g lobster (precooked)
- 2 onions
- 2 peppers
- 2 zucchini
- 100 g peas
- 2 chili peppers (medium hot)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 500 ml of pureed tomatoes
- 1 bunch of thyme
- 5 leaves of sage
- 1 L vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
Continue cooking:Particularly creamy mashed potatoes - with this secret ingredient you can do it immediately
How to prepare the summer surf & turf stew
- First cut the roast beef into bite-sized pieces, dice the onions and finely chop the garlic and chili peppers.
- Sear the meat briefly and spicy.
- Then stir in the onions, garlic and chillies to sear them a little.
- Then add the peppers and zucchini, as well as the peas.
- Now all you have to do is add the tomatoes, pour the vegetable stock and stir in the sage leaves and the whole thyme.
- Simmer for 45 minutes with the lid closed.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Then the lobster is heated in the pot for another 15 minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream.
The recipe for summer surf & turf stew in the video
Also read:This Mexican Dutch Oven is a flash stew
Anja Auer is editor-in-chief of the BBQ & Food magazine “Die Frau am Grill”. In addition, she runs the largest YouTube channel on the topic of “grilling”, which is produced by a woman in German-speaking countries. Most of the recipes are not only successful on the grill, but also on the stove and in the oven. You can find more recipes at www.die-frau-am-grill.de and the YouTube channel www.youtube.com/diefrauamgrill * Merkur.de is part of the nationwide Ippen-Digital editorial network.
- Which color name ends with ue
- Science is a fiction
- Moisturize your face every day
- Uber drivers hate each other
- Which batsman has a similar stance
- Later, have you regretted a friend zoning someone?
- What's in the hardware
- What makes a great movie trailer
- How water distorts our eyesight
- Can an Indian buy a property in Dubai
- How can we reach a truthful medium?
- What is the cheapest hotel in Quetta
- Wear a jockstrap
- Fast food restaurants serve falafel
- What are the disadvantages of meditation
- Weird with hair gel these days
- What is the midrib of a leaf
- Are diphthongs vowels
- Why is Xiaomi fighting now
- What is the collective word of the news
- How do you convert latitude to miles?
- Everything looks like in life
- How great is the study of cryptography
- What's your rating of Zirtual