What is the chemical name of air?
Composition of the air
Air is a gas mixture surrounding the earth's atmosphere, which in a dry state consists of the main components nitrogen
(78.08% by volume) and oxygen (20.95% by volume). There are also noble gases (such as argon, helium, krypton and xenon) and other trace substances (such as carbon dioxide, methane, hydrogen, nitrous oxide and carbon monoxide), the total of which is less than 1% by volume.
In addition to the gases mentioned, the air also contains:
- Water vapor, the content of which in the atmosphere fluctuates over time and regionally and averages 0.4%
- Dust particles
- Aerosols (small solid and liquid particles suspended in the air)
- Sulfur and nitrogen compounds
- volatile organic compounds (VOC)
- Ozone (secondary product, regional and temporal differences)
- radicals generated in the atmosphere
The proportions of naturally occurring gases change only slightly and, with the exception of water vapor and ozone, are largely evenly distributed up to a height of approx. 100 km (homosphere) due to the good mixing of the atmosphere. However, fluctuations in the individual components (in particular the trace gases) can occur from time to time and in certain areas, which are caused by volcanic eruptions or putrefaction processes, for example.
In addition to the natural constituents of the air, human (anthropogenic) air admixtures (e.g. nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide) can lead to long-term changes in the corresponding proportions. The long-lived trace substances that count among the greenhouse gases, such as B. methane and carbon dioxide, can also have climate-relevant effects.
- Can two states combine
- What is Tubemate Video Downloader
- What is Grail com
- What are the most romantic lines
- How many drops in 1 ml
- What kind of cloud computing
- How should we learn to hack computers
- How do excitatory neurotransmitters work
- Poison ivy is helpful in any way
- How is scientific knowledge growing?
- Has the great truebsal already begun
- Are philosophers more creative than mathematicians
- What is the most Arabic anyway
- Bodies give off energy even after death
- In terms of voice, what timbre is
- How do social media influencers shape universities
- What are some epic photos of gods
- What is an inverse sine function
- Can I create and sell mobile apps
- What really happened at the Skinwalker Ranch
- What is chromoson 12
- Can someone help me write better
- Are there white holes
- Which is more expensive PetSmart or PetCo