Impact of GST on import and export
Tax Reform in India: Introduction of Goods and Service Tax
On July 1, 2017, the GST (Goods and Services Tax), a new uniform tax on goods and services in India, came into force. Probably the largest tax reform in the country since independence in 1947, the tax system is to be considerably simplified and standardized.
The following overview shows how complex indirect taxes were previously regulated in India. It lists the taxes that the GST will replace:
|Taxes at the federal level||State-level taxes|
|Central Excise Duty (manufacture of goods)||Value Added Tax VAT / Sales Tax (delivery of goods)|
|Service Tax (provision of services)||Entry Taxes (import of goods)|
|Additional Customs Duty CVD (imports)||Octroi / Local Body Tax (import of goods)|
|Special Additional Customs Duty SAD (imports)||Luxury Tax (e.g. hotel services)|
|Swachh Bharat Cess (Service Tax Surcharge)||Entertainment Tax (amusements)|
|Additional Excise Duty (certain goods)||Purchase Tax (certain goods)|
Previously, both the individual states and the federal government were allowed to levy indirect taxes on various transactions. The new GST does not deviate from this basic system and consists of the following three components:
Central GST ("CGST"): Central government tax
State GST ("SGST"): State tax
Integrated GST ("IGST"): overarching tax
Which of these three taxes apply is decided according to the place of performance:
|Place of performance||tax rate|
|Service between 2 states||IGST|
|Import of goods||IGST (previously customs)|
|Import of services||IGST|
The place of performance for deliveries of goods is the place where the movement of goods ends. For services, it is the place of the recipient of the service.
- Why do some people develop Machiavellian intelligence
- When did women start shaving their legs?
- Why is Microsoft's consumer software so flawed
- Did someone you know won the lottery?
- Pain is a necessary evil
- How can you change the history of Life360?
- What should I primarily study or sleep?
- Can I delete IAS during the engineering?
- How do we code hardware
- What does the term synchronize email mean?
- Which mobile devices carry moisture sensors?
- Belief in karma is a fatalistic attitude
- What is a khat plant
- What is the best big luxury car
- How would you define human sexuality
- How were topographic maps originally created
- What is ExpressVPN
- Are there pagans who worship Mother Mary?
- What can I do with energy
- Is there really misogyny
- Would you let people make you tired
- Which countries did Hitler travel to?
- Kojic acid is safe for skin lightening
- There are Native American reservations in Canada