Abdominal muscles can have problems with pregnancy
What is diastasis recti?
Palpable in the supine position
At the time of birth, all pregnant women have diastasis recti, but it can only be felt afterwards. The distance between the abdominal muscles can be felt on the back: if you tense your stomach slightly and lift your head, you can feel a depression above the navel.
Two centimeters or two fingers wide are often palpable. The diastasis recti can also be up to ten centimeters wide and twelve centimeters long. "That depends on several factors, for example whether it was the first or second pregnancy, a twin pregnancy or how strong the muscles and connective tissue were before," says Heike Gross, yoga teacher and alternative practitioner from Munich. Gross helps women in individual treatments and workshops to close the diastasis recti again. Because, according to Anna-Katharina Doepfer: "We need functioning abdominal muscles for a stable back."
Diastasis recti can cause problems
Many mothers do not notice in the months after the birth that the diastasis recti is causing problems. But: "Many women complain of pain in their lower and middle back, hollow back and feel unstable overall," explains Heike Gross.
If the gap is very wide, the viscera lacks the protection that the muscles otherwise offer. If the pressure in the abdomen increases, for example because the straight abdominal muscles are stressed too much, the gap increases. "After pregnancy, it can take up to a year for the diastasis recti to close, as the tissue remains soft longer, especially during breastfeeding," says orthopedist Doepfer. In some women, the gap remains longer, sometimes for years - even then it is possible to close it through exercises and manual therapy.
- How is peak flow affected by asthma?
- Can I learn euphonium from home?
- How to Write Articles to Make Money
- Who is a prophet of the Hindus
- What are some horror movies starring onryos
- Why is insulation important in commercial buildings
- How can we overcome our cognitive prejudices
- Where does Alexa source ask for information
- Which Wes Montgomery shots impress you the most
- How do you change your violin strings
- Acute coronary syndrome is preventable
- The internet age will make schools obsolete
- Are miniatures necessary to play role-playing games
- Where's Knowhere
- Why is Richard Branson so famous
- What does satisfaction look like for you
- What makes something worth doing
- What's the best social podcasting app
- Buddhism and Confucianism contradict each other
- What are the characteristics of acacia leaves
- How can the 10 amendments be simplified?
- Is MBTI dangerous
- What is the difference between worship and obsession
- What is sodium phosphate used for?
- Redirect result in asp net MVC
- Have rules and restrictions ruined American football
- What do you think i am
- What was your greatest transition in life
- Do Pakistanis support jihad?
- Which planet has the most moons
- Lasts oil spill damage forever
- What is medical coating
- A ceramic coating would be abrasion resistant