How many isomers can a pentane form?
|Brief description||colorless liquid with a slight smell of petrol|
|Molar mass||86.17 g mol−1|
|density||0.659 g cm−3|
|Melting point||-95 ° C|
|boiling point||68.7 ° C|
good in non-polar solvents, 0.05 g · l−1 in water (20 ° C)
50 ml m−3, 180 mg m−3
25,000 mg kg−1
|WGK||2 - hazardous to water|
|As far as possible and customary, SI units are used. Unless otherwise noted, the data given apply to standard conditions.|
Hexane is a chemical compound belonging to alkanes (saturated hydrocarbons). It is a colorless liquid with the empirical formula C.6H14. Hexane has five isomers.
Hexane is a colorless, volatile liquid that smells slightly like gasoline. Hexane refracts light similar to water with a refractive index of 1.3748. The flash point is -22 ° C, the ignition temperature is 240 ° C. The relative dielectric constant is 1.8 at 20 ° C. It is insoluble in water; it is readily soluble in organic solvents such as alcohol, ether and benzene.
Hexane has five isomers (other names).
- 2-methylpentane (rarely: isohexane)
- 2,2-dimethylbutane (rarely: neohexane)
- 2,3-dimethylbutane (very rarely: diisopropyl)
Hexane is sometimes used as a solvent in organic chemistry. Since, unlike many organic solvents, it does not attack polystyrene and is highly volatile, it is used as a solvent for styrofoam glue.
Hexane is addictive and harmful to health. Hexane is hazardous to water (WGK 2). It forms explosive mixtures between an air volume fraction of 1.1 to 7.5 percent. Hexane is metabolized in the body to 2,5-hexanedione, this leads to nerve damage and is excreted in the urine.
- Solvent Polarity Table (Alkanes)
Categories: Flammable Substance | Harmful substance | Environmentally hazardous substance | Alkane
- What language is homebrew written in?
- Which celebrity entrepreneur is most like Batman
- Is Sacramento a sanctuary city
- Where do harmful bacteria live?
- What are the alliances in modern life
- Are there really mystical powers and siddhis
- Is high bandwidth good or bad?
- Why eBay collects sales tax
- What are marijuana terpenes
- In what career do you design smartphones?
- Can i hear music
- Why is socialism still a problem
- Funding is an obstacle to science
- Gluten causes constipation
- Why don't evangelical Christians look at Catholic Christians
- How do bloom filters work
- What is your favorite clothing store
- What would solve the Israeli Palestine dispute?
- How healthy is the Turkish? Labne?
- Why do so many people hate criticism
- Writing two different blogs will be beneficial
- What is Malaysia's Postcode
- Will text messages ever support large files
- Who started Oyo Services