Should Manchester United sell Phil Jones
Jones: "Sold us dearly"
Dejected, but also not entirely without pride, the players from Manchester United FC stepped in front of the microphones after their elimination against Bayern Munich. The voices for the game:
Phil Jones, United defender
Everyone in the dressing room is totally dejected. We stuck to the match schedule and were good in the game from the start. Bayern struggled to crack our defense and everything went perfectly. Patrice [Evra] scored an amazing goal, but when we got the equalizer it was a massive setback.
But we were still in the game and then Wayne [Rooney] had a huge chance. If we had scored there it would have been a different game. In games like this there are just such crucial moments and then unfortunately they gave us the third goal after a counterattack. Overall, we don't have to be ashamed today. We sold ourselves dearly.
Chris Smalling, United defender
We always felt that something was possible. "Wazza" [Wayne Rooney] and "Wels" [Danny Welbeck] are always able to create a chance or two. They did that too and on another day these possibilities may also come into play.
You always get a boost when you score a goal, but we conceded a goal straight away and that was kind of a killer. Mainly because he fell after a cross that we defended so well before. We fought well and that's why it's so disappointing that we conceded the goals at this point in time.
Bayern had a lot of possession, but in the end it's about creating opportunities. And in that regard, I think we did better.
Darren Fletcher, United defender
It's just disappointing because we created some good chances and that's why it's so bitter that we didn't score more than one goal. When you take the lead, you always have to expect a reaction from a strong team like Bayern. Unfortunately, we weren't even able to hold the lead for a minute, so of course we imagined it differently.
I don't think we are miles behind Bayern when it comes to quality. In games like this, it's the small details that count and you've seen that again today. We have a lot of quality in the squad and we were able to show that on the two legs.
The Champions League is the premier league in club football and Manchester United belongs in this competition. Unfortunately we won't be there next year, so next season will be extremely important for us. But we're not just thinking about getting back into the Champions League, our goal is to come back as champions.
- Why is pwbpd pushing people away
- What is the best job in aviation
- What is multi-grade oil lubrication
- Why are soft pretzels so expensive
- Is Greenpeace involved in terrorism
- What is one thing that people have mastered
- Healthy teeth should always be white
- Is 8 mile based on Eminem's life
- What do narcissists like to hear?
- What is the most boring country you have visited
- Is the Mi A2 worth its price
- What skills does a Java programmer need?
- What does Freewill
- How can I overcome my extreme aviophobia
- How hard is it to crack NMAT
- Where do meteorites meet the earth
- Which font is very similar to Knewave
- What is a yoga retreat
- How can we stop fraudulent calls
- Which is the easiest elective
- NDAs are a thing of the past
- What is a smart thermostat
- What does OCR stand for in finance?
- Should you contact them again
- Are the tag lines protected by copyright
- What is the purpose of respect
- How do authors write a math book
- What if the mass of the earth was doubled?
- Used by PeopleSoft overseas
- What do Romanians think of Moldova
- How is AI structured
- Where WhatsApp videos are stored on iPhone
- Are brown dwarfs cold or hot