How do you dance salsa
What is salsa - explanation of dance style
Salsa originally comes from the English group dance Contradance, which French colonists brought to the Caribbean. The dance developed very quickly until the middle of the 19th century. The Créolian influence caused a criollización of musical styles and dances from Africa and Europe.
In Cuba, marimba, African rhythm and Spanish guitar music were mixed. The result was the special combination that makes up this special sauce. The music has a close connection to Latin American culture and shows its cheerfulness and sensuality.
Salsa can be very erotic, but that doesn't always mean close physical contact. Salsa was and is a way to connect the two sexes. It is a happy Latin American dance style that also contains romantic elements. The dance can be done by couples or groups (Rueda). Nowadays a distinction is made between different styles of salsa. The world's most famous are the Cuban style and the Puerto Rican style.
Basically, Salsa differs in Salsa Puerto Rican and Salsa Cubana. Which one is for you, what makes the difference?
In the Cuban style, the figures and dance paths are round, there is no orientation towards the straight lines as in the Puerto Rican style. The leadership is constant, it is characteristic that the women go around the men more. Many knot figures (nudos) are danced. The movements of the upper body, shoulder and hip are particularly emphasized. Elements of rumba and guaguanco can be brought in in the Cuban salsa style. The music also has a few differences. Although the Puerto Rican style, such as the Cubana style, can both be danced to salsa music, there are two different styles of music for both styles. Music for Salsa Cubana is usually a bit faster and more explosive.
Salsa Puerto Rican
In Puerto Rican salsa, the movement and dance paths are mostly straight. You dance on a line, so to speak. The principle of dance can be described by men walking to the side, women walking forward. Because of this, the leadership is not always constant, women have more opportunities to do styling with their arms. Typical figures contain hand flicks, inside and outside turn - all on one line. In Puerto Rico itself, the second bar is danced more often, in Cologne the first bar is danced more often. Although there are major differences, dancers of both styles can dance together.
- How did Confucianism hinder the development of Vietnam?
- Sativa Indica or Hybrid
- Are fat reducing supplements safe
- How the communication takes place via radio waves
- Can plasma emit gamma rays
- Is anyone else super bored?
- How did Pentatonix come together
- How does my dog see me
- What is breaking spontaneous symmetry 1
- How much storage space does 32 GB offer
- Russia bombs Alaska
- How can I recover from a skin allergy
- How is pain measured clinically
- How do animated films look so real?
- What are some types of traffic
- What does High ALT SGPT
- What is nslookup apipa
- How does the recovery of addicts get energy?
- Why would anyone fake a relationship?
- Is it all about data science in the future?
- Is joining the IOE ERC bad
- Do artists actually sing in music videos
- What do you do in psychology counseling