Click2sell is a scam
Attention, fake shipment from the parcel service DHL!
Attention, fake shipment from the parcel service DHL! A birthday present here, sandals for the summer there and in between other everyday items, we are now ordering a lot on the Internet because of Corona. The parcels of the online shops are piled up in the hallways of the republic. But be careful, some tracking services from the parcel service are a fake and a subscription trap! istock.com/adrianhancu THE MOST IMPORTANT IN BRIEF 1. Fake news from the shipping service provider DHL is currently circulating more and more. Consumers are asked to pay a due amount of two euros via a website so that a package can be delivered.
2. Fraudsters want to use this method to steal personal data and lure consumers into a subscription trap. 3. The consumer advice center advises to check consignment tracking critically and in particular to be suspicious if the payment of outstanding amounts of money is requested. As of: 04/17/2020 The shops have been closed for several weeks and are not allowed to open anytime soon. Many people therefore order products online. Fraudsters take advantage of this fact and try to steal personal data for parcels by means of falsified tracking and tracing. Be on your guard, because there is a subscription trap on top! In the last few days we have received reports from people seeking advice who have received alleged messages from DHL by email or SMS. They should pay two euros for the parcel service to supposedly deliver a shipment. But be careful, the delivery of ordered goods is only a means to an end. In fact, you are supposed to reveal your personal information and pay for a dubious subscription. Step by step to the subscription trap If you click on the link in the text message or email, you will be taken to a website that looks like the official website of the parcel service provider DHL. Even a current note on the corona pandemic is included. The search for the shipment number leads to the current status of an alleged delivery. Their delivery was stopped because an amount of two euros still had to be paid. The dispatch takes place within 24 hours after receipt of payment.
If you enter your personal data in the form fields provided on the website and submit them to the fraudsters, you must expect that someone else will use them as well. In the worst case, the fraudsters will deduct the subscription from your credit card account, or weeks later you will receive invoices and debt collection requests for the alleged subscription. OUR ADVICE Think about whether you have really ordered a package and are expecting a shipment from DHL. If you are asked to pay in advance, delete the email. In principle, DHL does not ask you to pay for goods in advance. Report the suspicious SMS or emails to DHL customer service. Do not open links from unknown senders. In the worst case, these can damage your smartphone or PC. Be careful with your data. Do not disclose any personal information on websites that you think are suspicious. If you are a victim of fraud, inform the police and file a complaint. If you accidentally fell into the subscription trap, keep calm. If you have given your credit card details, contact your credit card company and stop the withdrawals. If you receive dunning letters, don't be intimidated. Declare in writing by registered mail that you have not concluded a contract and object to the claim. Our free sample letter will help. If you have any questions on the subject, please contact our staff or find out more in our articles Don't pay subscription trap on the Internet! and identity theft: shopping under someone else's name.
Consumer center Hamburg e. V. https://www.vzhh.de/themen/telefon-internet/abofallen/ektiven-fake-sendung-vompaketdienstleister-dhl
- Has economic freedom given us luck
- Which is better Acura or Honda
- When will a narcissist cry?
- How is Holly Herndon's music
- Should you join Helix
- Why didn't Nick Fury trust Captain America
- Is Amazon Music or Spotify better
- Social media addiction is a real problem
- Are Matchbox cars worth money
- Why are non-polar molecules hydrophobic
- How to read my friend's Facebook message
- Traps insects under Kingdom Animalia
- How is Xiaomi Phoinika's original headphones
- Why are you blocking people on Facebook
- Is there a Nike Museum in Oregon
- Offers Infosys marriage permission
- What is a homogeneous mix in chemistry
- Are there any low-risk cryptocurrencies
- Can someone show me some banjo songs
- Why don't European girls wear hijabs?
- What is Marcus Mariota doing wrong
- How many people live in Leeds
- How many drops in 1 ml
- How do you borrow from banks
- When did the Chinese lunar calendar start
- What kind of cloud computing
- How is the probability related to chance?
- Why do lions hug people
- What are storage classes in Amazon S3
- Can stop POTUS if he wants
- What is the cultural meaning of lions
- Distinguish between adaptive expectation and rational expectation
- What does cooking show
- Who blocked me on WhatsApp