What is benefit analysis
1. Term: Procedure for the comparative evaluation of objects or alternative courses of action; Cost-benefit analysis, benefit-cost analysis, benefit-cost analysis.
2. Features: Procedure based on welfare economics, mainly used in public budget management, especially in public infrastructure investment projects.
3. Methodology: The future, discounted private and social as well as pecuniary and non-pecuniary costs and benefits (income) of the individual project are determined and compared with the corresponding sizes of alternative investment objects. The alternative with the greatest difference between benefits (income) and costs is chosen.
Justification of this decision criterion in welfare theory, according to which the costs of an investment object are understood as a reduction and its income as an increase in social welfare. Ensuring the rationality of government investment decisions by means of a cost-benefit analysis depends, among other things, on whether the individual cost and benefit determinants can be sufficiently quantified.
4. Discussion: Since the assessment criteria of costs and benefits, the extent of the external effects included in the calculation, the choice of the relevant time period and the associated determination of the discount factor as well as the consideration of side effects cannot be determined “objectively”, the cost-benefit analysis is prone to manipulation.
5. Application areas: in particular environmental economics and resource economics.
See also benefit analysis, cost-effectiveness analysis.
- How much was your first car loan
- Is the Telugu language different from the Indian language
- How is data stored in Neo4j
- Who is your favorite president
- What is machine learning and its concept
- Why does everyone use TikTok
- What is life for you 5
- What are the new features in BlackBerry
- Is there scope for the SOAP user interface
- What are the most famous mythical characters
- Do you believe in love or sex
- What is your favorite foreign language expression?
- Does the OnePlus 7 have problems with the heating
- Why did the Republicans change their logo
- What is the nursing diagnosis for the intensive care unit
- How do I become a cloud engineer
- How do I buy electricity online
- Is the industrial design field male dominated
- Are soulmates meant to be together
- Who are the Delaware Indians of Idaho
- What are the best tag suggestion tools
- Which car rental companies should you avoid
- How should someone breathe for the best of health
- How often do technological trends change?