What are the properties of coffee
Coffee: healthy or healthy?
The most popular drink among Germans is coffee - everyone drinks around 150 liters on average per year. In many cases, coffee can have positive effects on health. This is the conclusion reached by British researchers who have evaluated more than 200 studies.
- Three to four cups of coffee a day usually have a positive effect on health. Moderate coffee consumption is associated with a lower risk of cardiovascular disease, stroke, and liver cancer. A lower risk of Parkinson's, diabetes, Alzheimer's and depression is also suspected.
- In pregnant women, however, excessive coffee consumption can have a negative impact on the health of the growing child. Possible consequences are a below-average birth weight or a premature birth.
- Women who suffer from osteoporosis should reduce their coffee consumption.
Despite all the indications that coffee has a beneficial effect on health, scientists warn against euphoria. They point out that, in addition to coffee consumption, other factors could play a role in the studies, for example smoking, physical activity and diet.
Coffee lowers inflammation in fatty liver
The positive effect of coffee on the liver metabolism has been scientifically proven. Studies have shown that people with non-alcoholic fatty liver who do not have a lipid metabolism disorder benefit from up to six cups of coffee a day. One of the reasons for this is the anti-inflammatory effect of caffeine.
Caffeine wakes you up
In the brain, caffeine displaces the tired adenosine from the receptors of the nerve cells. This increases drive, mood, alertness and concentration. In addition, caffeine increases the speed of thinking, makes learning easier and improves long-term memory.
Coffee protects the human genome
Another study comes to the conclusion that coffee is supposed to protect the human genome (DNA) from damage. To this end, the influence of coffee on the DNA of 84 men was examined. Half of the subjects drank three to four cups of black coffee every day for four weeks. The other half only drank water during the same period. Before and after, the genetic material was examined in all study participants. It has been shown that the DNA of coffee drinkers is less damaged than that of water drinkers. Since the test subjects only differed in terms of their coffee consumption, the researchers assume that the coffee protected the DNA from destruction.
Differences between espresso and filter coffee
It is not known which of the up to 1,000 components in coffee produce which effects. Almost all studies refer to black filter coffee without milk and sugar. The role of the variety and the preparation also needs to be examined more closely:
- espresso contains less acid than filter coffee, as it is lost during long roasting. Therefore, espresso is easier on the stomach than filter coffee.
- Filter coffee has less cafestol and kaherol - two substances that have a negative effect on cholesterol levels. They get stuck in the filter. If you have high cholesterol levels in your blood, you should rather drink filter coffee.
A cup of coffee contains 80 to 120 milligrams of caffeine. This dose works for an average of four hours. Adding milk to the coffee can significantly extend the duration of its action. The fat in milk delays the absorption of caffeine in the blood. Over time, the brain gets used to the caffeine.
Coffee varieties in the test
Freshly brewed filter coffee is one of the most popular drinks. How good does the coffee from Dallmayr, Eduscho, Jacobs, Melitta and Tchibo taste? more
This topic in the program:
Visit | 05.12.2017 | 8:15 pm
- Why is my ex angry with me
- Facial blindness is considered a handicap
- Is it worth becoming a vet 2
- Who can deliver a breaker picture
- What is the importance of molecular biology
- Who ran against Obama in the primaries
- What marriage is not worth the effort
- How do you Thaw Your Kindle?
- How do excitatory neurotransmitters work
- What happened to Batman's parents
- Should ethernet be faster than wifi
- How often do you feel overwhelmed
- What does the elite believe in?
- Is it weird kissing someone with braces on?
- What is the psychology behind acceptance
- What do POMC neurons do
- What is life nowadays
- Will Disneyland close any rides in 2019
- Why is decentralization important
- What are the burial customs in Hinduism
- Where are the brakes on a car
- Why is prostitution considered immoral 1
- Why does India use 230V
- Where and how did the First World War begin