What are future scops in the ECE
Alliance in retail: ECE and OTTO network shopping worlds
Reserve the latest sneakers online before going to the mall? Buy the game console on the Internet and have it delivered to your home from the center on the same day? This is exactly what OTTO and ECE will make possible in the future. The partners have founded a joint venture to network stationary and digital retail: Stocksquare GmbH & Co. KG, based in Hamburg, connects the branch networks of stationary retailers with the otto.de platform - creating a cooperation that is unique in Germany in this form between e-commerce and traditional retail.
Connected Commerce: Bridge between online and offline trade
“The shopping experience of the future will take place online and offline equally,” says Alexander Otto, CEO of ECE. “With the joint project, we are bringing together our knowledge from both worlds and strengthening brick-and-mortar retail with additional online reach. We are doing real pioneering work here. We can fall back on long-term partnerships with the major retailers as well as build on the dense network of our centers and the omnichannel approach of our digital mall project. "
“With our ambitious Connected Commerce project, we are building a bridge for customers between online and offline trading. Together with ECE, we have the opportunity to cooperate with stationary retailers and brands throughout Germany and to network the largest interrelated shopping center offering in Germany with otto.de. Both companies already share common values through their shareholders in order to be a real alternative for partners and customers, ”says Alexander Birken, CEO of the Otto Group.
New offer starts with 20,000 articles
At the start, the new connected commerce services will be available to retailers who operate a store in at least one of the 90 ECE shopping centers across Germany. Both consumers and retailers benefit from the high density of center locations in Germany: Almost 60 percent of Germans can reach an ECE shopping center within 30 minutes - a real unique selling point. Technically, the connected commerce concept is linked to the existing one "Digital Mall" technology from ECE, with which customers can check the availability of goods on the websites of the centers.
In the first expansion stage, customers can see online at otto.de whether an item is in stock in a nearby store, such as an ECE shopping center. As of today, otto.de is already showing local product availability for around 20,000 items from six selected retail partners: Marc O’Polo, myToys, RENO, SportScheck, Brax and Ulla Popken. The integration of further articles, stores and partners will follow gradually. Branches are connected both inside and outside the ECE shopping center. In addition, the connected commerce concept is also open to the connection of other online platforms.
Outlook: Nationwide same day delivery service
In the future, the local services will be expanded to include additional modules. A reservation function for items available at the station as well as the option of paying for locally available products online via otto.de are planned (“Click & Collect”). In addition, same-day delivery from the center to an address of your choice in the area will be possible in the future. The centers act as local warehouses and delivery hubs.
More on the subject:
- Connected Commerce: “We are building bridges“:
Interview with the Stocksquare management duo Alexander Will & Sebastian Baumann
- "Multichannel, conceived from the perspective of e-commerce"
Guest commentary on Connected Commerce by Martin Gross-Albenhausen, Deputy Managing Director of the Federal Association of E-Commerce and Mail Order (bevh)
- The “Digital Mall” of ECE:
Background information on the omnichannel approach of ECE, with which the availability of goods in the centers can be checked.
- Are psychiatrists there for themselves
- What is the curse of the video game film
- When did they start holding elections?
- What are some companies like Antalis
- Who is the trendy singer in Bollywood
- Moderate social movements were successful
- Where did the simplicity go in today's world
- Is understanding and understanding the same thing
- What is the most revolutionary technology
- What are the healthiest sweeteners
- What are compelling reasons to buy PS3
- What are the vegetative cells of bacteria
- Safe hotels in Srinagar
- What are DB scripts
- Why can't we always think positively
- Is it beneficial to drink amla juice?
- How do programming languages become popular?
- What is Eminem's best song
- The osteopathic medical faculty is simpler
- Is Amazon Music or Spotify better
- What is the other name of lysosome
- What is the curriculum of SSC CHSL
- Which is better Docker or Node
- Forget cats people