Likes Denmark Germany
Print magazines on the decline
It is not yet visible, because many magazines can still be bought at local kiosks. But the fact is that fewer and fewer Danish citizens are buying magazines, reports the daily Politiken.
In 2012, every third household in Denmark was still spending money on magazine purchases every month. In the past year, the number had fallen to one in four households, shows a new Gallup poll. The printed magazines are therefore under immense pressure, according to Politiken. As sales decline, there is a negative cycle of falling interest from advertisers and kiosk owners who do not want to sell the magazines.
According to Politiken, 25 magazines have therefore discontinued their printed version of the magazine within the past five years - and these are not just smaller magazines. The large women's magazine Woman and the music magazine Soundvenue have been on the shelves of the past since February.
The media researcher at the University of Aarhus, Karen Klitgaard Povlsen, sees two reasons why the magazines are on the march back. “People no longer want to read the magazines as much as they used to. And it has also become more difficult to buy, ”said Povlsen about Politiken.
Ten years ago, she said, there was still a dense network of local kiosks selling magazines. "Today these are often occupied by 7-11 and they tend to focus on selling drinks and fast food," explains Povlsen.
Adapt business model
The magazine's business model is also problematic, says the director of the Aller magazine group, Charlotte Riparbelli. "It is important to understand that, in general, it is the business model that is under pressure and not the journalistic content of the magazines," Riparbelli said of Politiken.
A majority of the magazines discontinued at Aller were youth magazines. “We then offered our product to the youth free of charge on the online video platform Youtube and Snapchat. Our analyzes show that it works, ”says Riparbelli.
- How is technology developing
- When will Europe become Eurabia
- Which is the best novel from WWII
- What is a massive heart attack
- What is the purpose of optimization
- What is a bottle opener
- Which book made you cry and why
- Should Brits miss David Cameron 1
- What is mineral and mining technology
- What are some of the best contradictions
- How should sophomore year students improve
- Would the Iranians support the US invasion?
- What are the disadvantages of a carburetor
- Hate calling people
- Why are no airports better lit.
- Why do I have no sensitivity
- What are the alliances in modern life
- Why does my friend call me master
- What if you run out of salt
- Can Thom Yorke sing
- How rich is Elon Musk
- What is a rotary compressor in thermodynamics
- How do you define a high tenor
- What are some classic Thanksgiving songs