How does Creative Commons Youtube work
YouTube licenses explained: Standard YouTube license
vs. Creative Commons (CC）
What is the standard YouTube license?
A standard license is approval from a competent authority to own or use something. With respect to the Internet, a standard license is permission to use, copy, and distribute certain content online. Google has its own set of rules for licenses for its video sharing platform YouTube, which we would like to introduce at this point.
When you upload a video to YouTube, you have two license options to choose from. The first option is the "Standard YouTube License", which means that you give up the broadcasting rights to YouTube. Essentially, it means that your video can only be accessed from YouTube. It may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without your consent. The second license type, Creative Commons, often abbreviated as CC, is presented below. You can find more information about YouTube licenses in our article on YouTube copyright.
What is the difference between a "Standard YouTube License" and a "Creative Commons"?
The main difference is that with a standard license nobody is allowed to use your video and reproduce it as their own work without specifying the original video. However, the creator of the original video has the right to refuse the further use of his work.
However, if Creative Commons is selected as the license type when uploading the video, the whole thing looks different. Videos uploaded with this license may be edited, changed and recombined. However, a link must be made to the original video. In addition, the author of the original video is not liable for any damage caused by the modified work.
3 frequently asked questions about the YouTube Standard license
- 1. Is it illegal to share a video with your friends on Facebook with a standard YouTube license?
- 2. Can media companies (e.g. TV shows) show videos without the consent of the author?
- 3. Can videos with a YouTube standard license be used for non-profit videos?
It is completely legitimate to share a video on social media like Facebook. Because if sharing is prohibited, the corresponding button for sharing on YouTube should not even be displayed. In the event that the share button was clicked, or the URL for the video was copied and pasted on social media, a link will be made to the original work containing the author's name. Therefore, in the process of sharing, nothing forbidden happens in any way.
Media companies are usually for-profit organizations and must also adhere to licensing agreements. In order to show a video, the company concerned must obtain the author's consent. This is especially the case if the author is using the standard YouTube license for his work.
For videos with a standard YouTube license, the author of the original video always has the final say. In order to become the work for a not-for-profit video, the author may need to be convinced that the organization in question is not benefiting from the video. It is therefore advisable to always seek the consent of the author of the original video.
Check out the video below to see if you can legally use copyrighted music on your YouTube video.
Do you have your own YouTube channel, but are still not entirely satisfied with the quality of your videos? Then we recommend Wondershare Filmora. With the comprehensive and easy-to-use video editing program for Windows and Mac, you can edit your videos in no time at all. Try it now for free with the trial version!
- Can gram-positive bacteria have endospores?
- How do you work or work in sports betting
- How does detergent repel oil
- Which crabs have the most meat
- What did Jesus mean by being smart?
- How can I show up for SAT
- How do license plate recognition systems work
- Should I tell someone I'm starving?
- What are examples of pastoral societies
- Why are some plants poisonous
- What is fatigue deal
- Why do so many people hate QuickBooks
- What is a crispy person
- The floods rise
- How do you tell yourself that your shadow is forbidden
- What computer software are used by most companies
- How school teachers should help
- Which country grants the Indians more PR?
- Are Gmail and Gmail interchangeable
- Why is the English alphabet so popular
- What characteristics define extramarital affairs
- How do hashtags work
- Can we stay in Aurovile in Pondicherry?
- What is a full-fledged queue developer