Why is my subwoofer rattling
Anti-hum tips: what to do if the subwoofer hums?
If the subwoofer does not deliver a fat bass after switching on, but only hums strangely, this can quickly lead to frustration for home theater owners. Because instead of enjoying a movie, detective work is the order of the day: is it really the subwoofer that is buzzing? Or is the problem elsewhere? Indeed the woofer is in almost all cases innocent, he probably just caught a hum loop. We'll look for the cause with you and help you get rid of the humming.
How do you perceive the hum
The good news first: It's probably a ground loop and is not due to a defective subwoofer. Ground loops and other external factors are often easy to fix.
There are three possible causes of the hum - and an important note is how your subwoofer is humming: that's the background noise very quiet and doesn't it get louder when the volume is turned up? Is it clearly audible and dependent on the volume? Or is it clearly audible, but independent of the volume? There is an explanation for each of these three types of disorders.
- Only in the first case, it is probably the subwoofer itself. You may be Power supplybecause this doesn't work as it should.
- In the second case, it could be a Disturbance in the power grid give or one Incorrectly located subwoofer cable or power cord could be the source of hum. This is due to electromagnetic interference signals that affect the subwoofer and occur more or less depending on the power or volume.
- In the third case, the problem is very likely Hum loopwhich goes through resistances from the socket via the source device to the subwoofer and at the end causes a loud hum there.
How can you find out for sure why the subwoofer is humming?
If your subwoofer is humming and you've ruled out a defect, you can run additional tests to see if the problem is with the wiring or a hum loop:
First, see if the hum increases or decreases when you turn up the volume. However, you will only get certainty if you do that Unplug the cinch cable from the subwoofer input. If the subwoofer stops humming, you can be sure that a hum loop is to blame.
If the humming tone is still audible, you can exclude the hum loop. Power grid interference or poorly shielded cables are likely the problem.
In the first case mentioned above, there is unfortunately not much you can do other than contact our support and check whether you can replace the subwoofer.
What can you do now?
At a low and over-playable hum you can contact our support. If there is actually a defect, we take care of it - of course only with devices from Teufel.
It is about problematic cables or faults in the power grid, you should try connecting the subwoofer to a different socket, preferably in a different room. If the humming no longer occurs there, you carry the woofer to its old location and one after the other disconnect all devices from the sockets that are currently connected. If the subwoofer stops humming on a certain device - often it is chargers or dimmers - the source of the interference has been found. However, if the subwoofer is also buzzing in the other room, it is possible that something has changed in the house electricity network based on the electricity supplier.
It's also possible that the hum is coming from the speaker cord; Signals could be disturbed by unfavorable placement, e.g. B. in the tangled cables behind the media board. But that is very unlikely. For testing, you can lay the cable differently or replace it with shorter cables. If this was actually the problem, consider using a wireless subwoofer that inherently avoids this problem.
Teufel loudspeakers ensure good sound
This is how you get rid of the hum loop
Is it a Hum loop, you should check whether the hum is caused by the connection between the subwoofer and the source device or by other devices that are also connected to the source device. To do this, disconnect the antenna cable from the receiver (if it is a receiver as the source device) and check whether the subwoofer is still humming.
If it doesn't, you can use an intermediate sheath current filter to suppress the hum loop and the problem is solved.
If it is not due to the antenna cable or if it is a different source device, you should disconnect all connected devices from the source device and pay attention to which device interrupts the hum loop.
You can then install a galvanic filter (available from specialist stores) between this device and the source device, which in turn prevents the hum loop. If that doesn't help either, you should contact support.
Teufel subwoofer - nothing hums there
- ▶ Active subwoofer US 5305/6 SW: This complex series of numbers conceals a real powerhouse. This top class flat subwoofer makes your walls shake. 350 watt Class D power amplifier and a base frequency of 33 Hertz are guaranteed to give your system a whole new boost.
- ▶ Mono subwoofer US 2106/1 SW: Somewhat more moderate - also in terms of price - with this model. Still, you will hear the difference when the two bass reflex tubes go to work. Very practical: the automatic on and off function.
They do a good job, too: More products from Teufel
Conclusion: This is what you do when your subwoofer hums
- First test carefully whether the hum in the subwoofer depends on the volume and whether it is generally quiet or loud. This will help you narrow down the causes.
- If it's not the subwoofer itself, the search for clues begins: change sockets, swap cables, disconnect other devices from the power. At some point you will find the source of the interference.
- Depending on the cause, it can help to replace a cable, insert a sheath current or galvanic filter or contact technical support.
- Why do turbines trip
- If a wireless antenna works with high gain
- What is the Waec Expo about
- What is a good alternative to Gharpay
- Why is satagopam used in temples
- Do you dream of being famous?
- What are hum mantras
- What makes relationships difficult
- What is the human element in marketing
- What are the characteristics of acacia leaves
- What is the anatomy of the nose
- Is Vaastu a reality or a belief
- Why use a shut-off valve
- What is the hybridization of CH3 3O
- Water ruins your wooden floors
- Which font is the most expensive
- What is the future of the digital marketer
- Why is my Google homepage activated by chance?
- What color goes well with a parrot
- How do I achieve political success
- What are some crazy facts about people
- How popular is Django
- Why do you have tubular cell sieves
- Why are we telling the truth