What mental illnesses are mood disorders
What are mood disorders?
Affective disorders can manifest themselves in a depressed (depressed) or elevated (manic) mood.
Doctors use the collective term »affective disorder« to denote a group of mental illnesses in which the basic mood of a person is noticeably changed compared to the »normal state«. The mood disorders can make themselves felt through a depressed (depressive) or elevated (manic) emotional state. If manic and depressive phases alternate, there is one bipolar affective disorder.When only one emotional state is prevalent, experts speak of unipolar disorder. The best-known example of this is the unipolar depression.
Depression is the most common type of mood disorder
Affective disorders can occur acutely, chronically or in phases (episodic). Some people experience only one or a few phases in their life, others experience mood disorders frequently or persist for years. As recent surveys show, around twelve percent of all women and six percent of all men in Germany experience an affective disorder within one year1. Most often, unipolar depression is diagnosed.
1Jacobi F et al. 12-Month prevalence, comorbidity and correlates of mental disorders in Germany: The Mental Health Module of the German Health Interview and Examination Survey for Adults (DEGS1-MH). Int J Methods Psychiatr Res. 2014 Sep; 23 (3): 304-19.)
- Why should I read your novel 1?
- What makes a good mediator
- Supports i3 PUBG PC Lite
- Why did Mandela die
- What's your favorite SEO podcast
- Which problems preoccupy you the most
- Crew necks and sweatshirts are the same thing
- Do dogs have a sense of rhythm?
- How common is alexithymia
- Which languages have significantly influenced Arabic?
- What are your WTF BTS texts
- Hillary Clinton is a misandist
- How do I advertise a platform
- What do Albanians think of Americans
- What was your best banking experience
- Can we find positives from negatives
- How do you say hide in German
- Who started Oyo Services
- Why can't humans live without a spine?
- How many GB in one audio book
- What do turkeys eat of course
- How much storage space does 32 GB offer
- How do I manage my day effectively
- How many students graduate in France