You can seal brick walls
Sealing masonry - checklist
No moisture penetrates into sealed masonry. This prevents decay. With a few preliminary considerations, the sealing can be done on your own.
Define masonry by material
Not every masonry needs to be protected from moisture. Brick walls, for example, only draw water over the joints. If the wall is sealed (hydrophobized), the moisture cannot spread. When deciding on sealing, it is therefore important to consider:
- Do not seal the brickwork.
- In the case of professionally installed exposed masonry, do not use sealing.
- In the case of clinker brick facades, check whether a water drainage system has been integrated. Only seal if it isn't.
- Sand-lime brick draws water, so make it hydrophobic.
- Dry crumbled or cracked walls before sealing.
Select the right materials for waterproofing
Even if the masonry is made of sand-lime brick, sealing only makes sense if the right materials are used. You must therefore proceed carefully when shopping.
- Use a nano-sealant as a sealing material for reasons of density.
- Pay attention to the transparency of the seal for a natural look.
- To apply the sealant to a limited area, buy a paint roller.
- Use a brush tassel for working in and grouting.
- Use an old pump syringe for the garden as a sealing container on larger areas or entire facades.
Professionally seal facades
The waterproofing process is done in just a few steps. After the selected area has been prepared, the liquid can be applied. In addition to an organized work scheme, it is particularly important to have a suitable distance from the facade. A professional implementation roughly corresponds to this process:
- Remove dirt from the facade before sealing so that the material adheres.
- Shake the liquid sealant well and pour it into the pump syringe.
- Pay attention to evenness when pumping up the liquid.
- Spray the sealant at the steepest possible angle at a distance of half a meter.
- Use a brush tassel to work in, so that the joints are completely covered.
Regular sealing for permanent resistance
A one-time sealing process ensures neither water nor dirt resistance. The process must be repeated about every three years.
- Where will you never eat again
- What is John Williams' favorite food
- What happens to extra fat
- Which continents are bigger than Africa?
- Difference between PLC and microcontroller
- What was the earliest laxative
- Will Salman Khan really stay in prison?
- My Facebook account is deactivated
- What are some ideas for flying cars
- What does chimken
- What does depression look like to outsiders
- Cycling as a sport is dying
- Where can I learn J2EE online
- What are some onomatopoeia in different languages
- What is it like to have sagging breasts?
- What is CRISPR technology
- Which artist sang the song Guitar Man
- How useful is net banking
- Why is consistency in design important
- How to prepare wild rice
- What is the bubble sorting algorithm
- How can I overwork without being distracted
- What is the importance of gambling
- What is the level of an inverter