What skills in human resource management should I know
Finding HR managers: they have to be able to do these 5 things
The tasks of an HR manager
The human resources manager (HR manager) not only has to find the perfect candidate for an open position in the company, but also has to take on tasks in personnel development and support and, in some cases, also work on payroll. In order to meet all requirements, a recruiter should be a generalist - several skills are equally in demand.
1. Social competence and knowledge of human nature
Probably the most important qualities of an HR manager are empathy and a feeling for people. In addition to the professional qualifications of an applicant, the HR manager must never lose sight of the interpersonal. These soft skills are not only essential for recruiters, they are also seen as increasingly important by the workforce - so there has to be someone who is able to assess them with potential new employees.
2. Communication skills and negotiating confidence
An HR manager should be confident in job interviews and not be intimidated. The negotiating authority should always rest with the HR manager. It is important to find the balance between listening and asking the right questions at the right time. Even with salary reviews, it is important to enforce your own point of view and to communicate the decision in such a way that the employee can understand it in the best case. Dismissals also fall within the remit of an HR manager. In such cases, instinct and diplomatic skills are required.
3. Business and other specialist knowledge
A HR manager must also be able to handle numbers and have an entrepreneurial mindset. A classic business administration degree is only one way to acquire this knowledge. Commercial training or other courses such as business psychology or social sciences with a focus on personnel management also qualify for the HR area. The HR manager should also have knowledge of labor and social law in order to be able to draft contracts. And he should also be knowledgeable about data protection, business education and industrial sociology.
4. Knowledge in personnel marketing
University graduates earn an average of around 36,000 euros per year, with a range from 30,000 to 42,000 euros. After five years of professional experience, the range for personnel managers increases to 36,000 to 50,000 euros. Experienced HR managers receive an average annual salary of 46,000 euros (39,000 to 60,000).
On the one hand, the aim of personnel marketing is to position one's own company positively vis-à-vis competitors in order to always receive sufficient applications for vacancies and to encourage unsolicited applications. On the other hand, it is about strengthening the corporate culture internally and expanding the loyalty of the existing employees to the company in order to keep fluctuation as low as possible. To achieve this, the HR manager has to create image campaigns, develop internal employee programs or create talent pools.
5. Languages and IT skills
Safe and flawless German is a basic requirement in human resources. Business fluent English is also essential in times of advancing globalization. Even in companies that are more regionally positioned, employees who do not speak German or only speak it to a limited extent apply because it is hardly needed for simple activities or in the IT area. Other foreign languages are an advantage for the HR manager. Knowledge of office software such as Excel, PowerPoint or comparable programs is just as important. This area also includes specific recruiting tools that HR managers should be familiar with.
- What is the keto diet used for?
- What does junk mean in slang
- What is the religion of Muhammad's parents
- Which current composers go beyond Stockhausen?
- There are theoretical elements
- Aggression can arise from confusion
- I have POCD
- What is the meaning of repeat
- What are airport management courses
- When was health insurance non-profit?
- Why is LGBT the acronym
- Why do virtual machines work so slowly
- What is the importance of the company
- Who was Fela Kuti
- How do avalanches affect the environment?
- Who is the megastar of the film industry in Mumbai
- Is peek com profitable
- What are the best books on blogging
- How big is the market share of the industry
- Obligatory minimum requirements reduce crime
- What does Get Brexit 1
- Who designed Superman's costume
- What is an FTC disclosure
- Is CSE available at YMCA Faridabad
- How does music affect learning?
- What is the history of cell phones
- Are SpaceXs Dragon and Orbitals Cygnus space planes
- How is the integrity of the Israelis
- What has caused the disease for a long time
- How can I improve my verbal intelligence
- Do microphones ever have headphone jacks
- Are constitutions fundamental building blocks of democracy
- Who financed the Lewis Clark Expedition
- Which functions should B2B FinTech have?