Long-haired cats have a lot of dandruff
Change of coat in cats - information and tips for the perfect transition
Hair and hairballs everywhere? Not only owners of long-haired cats know it - two times a year your cat is about to change its coat. Did you know that Coat 12 to 25% of your cat's body weight and matting in the fur can form the basis for fungal infections? Even more information and valuable tipshow to treat your cat in the transition period Maintain properly and provide the best support as well as helpful household tricks for Cleaning of apartment and clothes we have compiled for you below.
When is the coat change in cats?
Twice a year your cat switches between that light summer fur and the fat one protective winter fur. The transition when changing fur takes place in the spring and autumn instead of. Most owners notice the increased hair on their pets in particular between April and October. In the warm months, the elegant four-legged friends lose a lot of hair. In winter, the thick, warm fur with its distinctive undercoat grows back. The following applies here the colder it is, the denser and stronger the protective fur is formed.
What happens when the coat changes?
Cats lose their hair, be it by Cleaning, scrubbing, playing or petting. But the fur also follows you in a very natural way fixed cyclethat determines hair fall out. A new hair is created first by forming a root. After that it can grow; genetically determined are its length and pigmentation, i.e. color. In order to reach this stage, it is important that the cat has received all of the essential nutrients for hair growth. A balanced and nutritious food therefore makes for special healthy and beautiful coat. When hair growth is complete, the hair is quasi in a resting phase until the nutrient supply is stopped and the hair is ready to fall out. When transitioning between Winter and summer fur the body carries out this process, so to speak accelerated off - there is a change of coat.
How long does the coat change take and which factors influence this?
As a guideline, a change of coat can be used for the Transition from six to eight weeks determine. However, there are many circumstances that can affect the natural change of coat. When cats lots of time outdoors spend, you run Change of coat more pronounced and parallel to the seasons and climate. At Indoor cats on the other hand it can be determined that there is more and more consistent hair distributed over the whole year can adjust. The causes lie in the artificial lighting conditions and the predominantly constant temperature that prevails in our home. In addition, the duration and extent of the coat change are in Depending on the breed of your cat consider. This becomes very clear when you are Long-haired and short-haired cats imagine side by side. But also that Age and hormones affect your cat's coat change and head of hair. These include, for example Castration, stress or a poor diet.
How to help your cat change coat - Purina ONE® Tips
The change of coat brings with it the problem that cats clean their fur independently by licking and thereby increasingly swallow their own hair. The reinforced Hairball formation and the associated gagging do the rest to make the coat change a difficult phase. With the proper care and nutrition you can actively support your cat and her Make the transition phase much easier.
- Put on high quality food and special feed: Protein, minerals and vitamins (especially vitamin E) together with unsaturated omega-3 fatty acids are crucial here. The combination of nutrients supports hair growth, strengthens the fur and also has a positive effect on the balance and the energy level Of your pet. We recommend a balanced combination of mixed feeding with wet and dry feed.
- Cat grass its texture promotes the gagging process and helps the cat to shed swallowed hair and counteracts hairballs. It's easy to plant and cats love to eat. Proactive decrease education of hairballs through special food with a high fiber content such as Purina ONE® Coat & Hairball. The hair can more easily be shed naturally.
- Brush, brush and again Brushing is the be-all and end-all in the time of the coat change. There already pull loose hair from your cat's fur and make shedding easier. Positive side effect: The Hair collects in the brush instead of in your apartment and the closeness and the sensitive common ritual strengthens the bond between you and your beloved pet. It is best not to bathe your cat while it is changing its coat. But if you have to, we will show you exactly what you have to consider in order to bathe your cat properly.
- you prevent by combing besides that, yourself Knots and tangles form in new winter fur. You can do this with a Comb or brush use with metal bristles. Bacteria and fungi have this way no chanceto nestle in the undercoat.
- If your cat absolutely refuses to be brushed, try one first Care gloveto get them used to the ritual. Secure yourself slowly their trust and go cautiously for care with a comb or brush. If you do not succeed, you can also get help from experts. Nowadays there are already a multitude of Grooming salons for pets.
- For Clothes and apartment there are a few very simple tricksso that you can master the clenched force of hair. It is best to remove all hair from clothing before washing. Use to do this Lint rolls or simple packing tape. Both variants or one wet rubber glove are also perfect for the Sofa, furniture and carpets to thoroughly depilate. A Vacuum cleaner with a special attachment can be used, a standard vacuum cleaner can serve just as well here. If you Wash and bed linen in the dryer beforehand give you can this Remove hair before washing. And for technology enthusiasts there is still Robot vacuum cleanerswho are at your service all day. Make sure you get used to the digital household helper and your cat to avoid injuries.
Another note: with our newsletter you will always be kept up to date Care and health tips for cats and receive Access to exclusive discounts and prizes.Register today and receive your first thank you from Purina ONE right away®. If you have any questions, please feel free to use our Purina at any time®-Expert advice or contact us personally.
Food that is rich in protein, minerals and vitamins (especially vitamin E) and also contains unsaturated omega-3 fatty acids supports a healthy coat and makes it easier for your cat to change coat.
With regular brushing and combing, you can help your cat get rid of old, falling hair and at the same time prevent it from spreading all over the home.
- Nestor University is an accredited school
- Why was English created
- Name the hottest region in the world
- How can international cyberbullying be dealt with?
- What exploratory travel search websites are available
- How do piston pumps work 2
- How is Farsi Persian
- Why is motivation never enough
- Some people are born with better hearing
- How do steroids affect tendons
- How do I get rid of mistakes
- How cult is growing in popularity in India
- What is Zen Yoga
- Is Taylor Swift's Beautiful Song any good
- Why do some fish hang on to sharks?
- What is the best UML tool
- How secure is the Quora website
- Why do we have to let go
- London England has tornadoes
- Project management plan 1
- What are the best SEO boosting tips
- What are the four types of prayer
- Why should we keep our goals confidential?
- How can I get cheap personalized bracelets